New M2X Extension Board: Instructions with Video?

Which system do you use? Android, Ubuntu, OOWOW or others?

N/A; hardware assembly question.

Which version of system do you use? Khadas official images, self built images, or others?

Please describe your issue below:

I just got the New M2X Extension in the mail. My VIM4 arrived with the heatsink and fan already installed.

Is there a set of detailed instructions or a video illustrating how to install the New M2X board?

Thanks!

Post a console log of your issue below:

1 Like

@SinisterPisces Sorry, I don’t have a video to you, but I hope those pictures can help you.

2 Likes

Thanks! Is that the original M2X? Mine i shaped differently…

EDIT: Okay, I think I got it installed right. It took me four tries or so to get it on evenly; I kept ending up with one side closer to the VIM4 than the other.

I used the four long screws that were holding down the heatsink. The little screws that came with the M2X would have been too short; I think they’re NVME mount screws?

I’m not sure what the point of this screw hole is?
Should I use one of the short screws for this?

Anyhow, here’s what it it looks like now.

hey there, you have to get longer screws(i used m1.5 x 7). then take out to ones from heatsink and screw through m2x extension and vim4 into the heatsink.

It is not ideal as m2x also uses threaded inserts, but heatsink is attached via 1.5mm (or so) thermal pad, so it does not really matter how you get your screws tight. Just hold on the heatsink while doing so. I wrote to support for this and they wanted to get in contact, but so far no one did.

1 Like

Thanks!

I just used the screws that were holding down the heatsink and fan that came with the unit. It seems to have worked?

… It’s not overheating, as far as I can tell …

yeah, all but one (in between eth jack and usb port) will thread in but with very little threads.
Will work fine, just be carefull I would assume.

Hello, in the photo you have a different board, is this new?

@Aheman is the same version, I don’t have a new version

is the M2X expansion board supported by Android ?
can Android OS be on the SSD instead of the eMMC ?

@horyzon It support with Android. You can use SSD via M2X .

On m2x which is in the khadas store there is no this connector
What is this connector for?

@Aheman This is the debug version in my hand, but the one in your hand is no different from mine.

1 Like