New Edge-V no mic input BT

I may not have explained it well enough. I tested using the recording APK that is built into the image.
You do not need to install anything to test.

It seems that you don’t know much about Bluetooth recording application. The built-in recording application doesn’t support Bluetooth mic.

That is very possible! Tho I see nothing anywhere that indicates how or why a BT mic would be different than any other mic input to any application. This one or any other.

as for uploading you the APK, I dont know if I can extract them from the play store so I will instead show you them.

Nothing but Google applications are loaded, and these google applications work perfectly with this bluetooth mic from my test android tablet.

more info:
https://support.google.com/assistant/answer/7172657?co=GENIE.Platform%3DAndroid&hl=en

I am perfectly willing to ship you my BT mic as well if that would help -at my cost and you can keep it.

It may not be accurate for you to verify this app on your tablet or mobile phone. Because the distance is generally close, the MIC of the device will be recorded. At this time, you can’t judge whether the Bluetooth mic or the MIC of the device works. When you are far away from the device, you cannot operate it.
So you should test it with chat software. Generally, chat software has voice call or video call function. This communication mode will turn on Bluetooth mic when you connect Bluetooth. When you connect to a call, you can verify away from the device.

I did think of this.
I utilized a mic switch app to disable the onboard mic, this app can force the bluetooth mic over the onboard mic.

Is there anything I can do to help this move along?

Like I said i will send you a BT mic at my expense and you can keep it even.

I really need this to work.

He told you to try out some chat app like maybe teams or zoom or google duo/meet etc to see if they detect your mic and it works correctly inside them or not.

1 Like

actually I dont recall him specifying any app to try.
however I will try all those you suggested.

Ok, well to my amazement MS-Teams did use the mic, this is the first time I have ever managed any audio input to a Khadas SBC with Android! This does make me happy but leaves me wondering what could possibly be blocking it in so many other ways???
Perhaps thee is some google framework missing?

I installed Lesser audio switch to attempt to force the mic and it does show the mic as tho it is forced but still no google applications can hear the MIC at all.

@JustSumDad
I have verified that Bluetooth calls are OK, but some Bluetooth APK recordings have problems. We will start a five-day holiday. I’ll see when we come back. After the solution, we will output a new version of firmware to you and provide you with Bluetooth mic test APK.

3 Likes

Thank you, question tho, are you not able to get the google applications that I need to make work for my project? Are they blocked from you on your play store due to region?

EDIT: I just discovered that in China you have no access to the play store or many of the google applications. I now understand the difficulty you are having in supporting my problem.

I want to apologies for my failure to be patient earlier, I did not understand this issue properly.
Thank you for your assistance.

1 Like

@JustSumDad audio.primary.rk30board.so - Google Drive
ScoAudioTest-v02.rar - Google Drive
Please replace the so library file linked above on the basis of the firmware uploaded previously.
1, Upgrade the update.img linked before

adb root
adb remount
adb push audio.primary.rk30board.so /vendor/lib/hw/
adb shell
sync
reboot

3, Install the uploaded scoaudiotest.apk. Pay attention to manually give the required permissions to the APK, otherwise the APK cannot be opened.

Recording APK instructions:

First connect the Bluetooth headset, then open the app and click Connect SCO. After connecting SCO, the button will change to disconnect SCO,Click the record button to start recording from the Bluetooth headset and save it as /sdcard/n.amr.
Then click the pause recording button, and then click the play button to play the recorded sound to the Bluetooth headset.

2 Likes

First I want to say thank you :slight_smile:

I used Edge-V_Qt_20210421 as that is what I have loaded on the SBC.

I ran a factory reset to remove any apps and settings from previous tests.
I ran your adb commands, all worked- everything did what it should.
I installed the apk you suppled.
I gave the APK all permissions.

No sound was recorded in the test, I was only able to do playback directly in the app tho, I could see no way to save it.
I found several amr files later on tho, I tried playing them and they were all blank as well.

1 Like

@JustSumDad My verification is OK. You can restart the machine more. Note that when testing APK validation, strictly follow the steps here:

In addition, if you want to go to file manager to open n.amr playback, you need to pause playback and disconnect SCO.
Yes, if the operation is not correct, it is easy to cause problems in the system. Bluetooth has no sound, so it is best to export the recording file to the computer for playback confirmation.
If you follow the above method to confirm that it is still useless, please download the new link below to upgrade the firmware and verify again. This firmware no longer needs to replace the so library file.

@JustSumDad anyupdate?

I am sorry a work problem took me away for quite some time, I am just back home now, I will see what i can do to catch up ASAP.

1 Like

can you re post the update.img file plz it has expired.

thank you

@JustSumDad https://dl.khadas.com/products/edge/firmware/Android/Edge_Qt_V210514.7z

1 Like

Thank you I will attempt to test today if time permits.

ok, I just tried to test.
The results are confusing tho…

I followed the directions exactly, the sco connects but then when I click the record button SCO crashes.

com.android.scoaudiotest keeps stopping