Need HW encoder/decoder plugins for GStreamer's version: 1.19.2

Hi Khadas team,
@numbqq
I am using Khadas VIM3L board and installed Ubuntu 4.9 Desktop OS into Emmc. After boot up, I found Ubuntu OS has by default GStreamer installed along with Amlogy HW encoder/decoder/sync. I have tested the HW decoder by playing 1080P H264 stream and it was working fine.

After that, I have cross-compiled the latest GStreamer version: 1.92.2 and observed that the same HW decoder/encoder was not available for the latest GStreamer.

1. Can we use the HW encoder/decoder plugins which are available for GStreamer 1.16.2 for GStreamer 1.92.2?
  2. If not, How we can create the HW encoder/decoder plugins for GStreamer 1.92.2?

We want to use GStreamer with WebRTC, your early response will be highly appreciable.

Thanks & Regards,
Prabhunath Gupt

No, it is not supported.

Maybe you can porting from Buildroot.

Hi @numbqq,

Greetings!
Thanks for the clarification of my queries.

As per your suggestion, I have tried port the “gst-aml-plugins-1.0” for the latest GStreamer 1.19.2 but got compilation issues and was not able to build.

Do I need to change the “gst-aml-plugins-1.0” source code for GStremer 1.19.2?

Any specific reason Khadas team provides the older GStreamer 1.16.2, if yes when Khadas team will provide (rough estimation) the latest GStreamer 1.19.2 with HW acceleration plugins(amlvdec, amlvsink, amlenc)

We are in a block state due to the above reason, so Your early response will be highly appreciable.

Regards,
Prabhunath Gupt

Hi @numbqq

Kindly respond to my previous queries.
Regards,
Prabhunath Gupt

Hi @numbqq

Kindly respond to my previous queries. Based on that I can move forward with Khadas.

Regards,
Prabhunath Gupt

The gstreamer from Ubuntu official repo is 1.16, we don’t build it on Ubuntu directly yet, we just sycn binaries from buildroot build, so if you want to build directly on Ubuntu you have to handle the build errors youself.

Hi @numbqq

Thanks for your clear answer. Can you please share some documents on how I can compile the buildroot image for Khadas VIM3L?

Regards,
Prabhunath Gupt

Please check the README.