My experience with vim3l

ubuntu with 4.9 work fine, only wake on lan is not working, and compile by hand mpd and mympd time to time is not the end of the world. I just need a working compilation environment, which i haven’t as ffmpeg is broken, but i find the way to disable it so now it’s ok. And honestly i don’t need much function of mpd, only alsa output, dsd support and flac / wavepack support…
I wanted to try the lastest version because i use a sandisk external ssd to put my music, and it’s formatted in exfat. As you probably now the linux driver for exfat was horrible until kernel 5.4 if i remember, so it was worth a try.
In fact everything is working with ubuntu 4.9 now, except this wol thing. I thought it was my internet box that do not pass the magic packet, so i made some test, i use a wol sniffer on my pc and send a magic packet with my phone to the network submask 192.168.1.255, and my computer receive the packet fine, so it’s certain the problem come from the vim, wol is activated but do not work.
And for openwrt i just don’t know this, again i come from the pc world, i just google it quickly and this seems to be build for routers, there is not much doc so it’s obscure to me.