MultiOS_3in1 (Android+Libreelec+Linux) install to eMMC

@balbes150
Great! Thanks! It works!
The simplest things are most difficult.

4k monitor is working fine in LE( 4k video from YT but the streaming says 720 and it doesn’t look like 4k) but in Ubuntu/Firefox/yt and with the Ubuntu video player from LAN is laggy even at 1080.

Hello. I instaled th image, and works well. Only problem is that I would like to see, from linux, the other partitions, but it seems like when I run either fdisk or gparted all emmc space appears as unallocated.

I have been able to locate the Libreelec ystem partiion (it is actually an image file called SYSTEM), but again, when I run fdisk on it, no partition appears, so I cannot mount it.

Any suggestions on how to get what I want? Thanks.

There is no standard disk partition table. The existing u-boot does not support this feature standard disk partition table. Access can only be obtained by mounting partitions as “/dev/system” “/dev/data”. But some of these devices are copies of images and can not be mounted as usual.

Update Xenial_KODI18_20180604

This is the version with the new KODI-18 and the package update in Ubuntu Xenial to the latest version at the moment.
Do you want to install KODI-18 in previous releases of MultiOS_3_in_1 ?
Please note, KODI-18 is a test version, which may not work some functions.

1 Like

Added to the site version of the System Multios_3_in_1 Xenial_KODI-18_20180606.
It uses Ubuntu from the latest official version of Khadas_VIM with all its changes.

4 Likes

How to change in Multios_3_in_1 Xenial_KODI-18_20180606 The system when in kodi, I can not go from Kodi to another system because I do not have a boot change button in Ubuntu or Android.
Thank you.

Sometimes I change/set from command line with (in linux or libreelec)
fw_setenv bls android
fw_setenv bls libreelec
fw_setenv bls linux
Or (in android) with
setbootenv bls android (noop)
setbootenv bls linux
setbootenv bls libreelec

OK, on libreelec how do I enter the command line?

enable sshd in libreelec settings and ssh into box
(passwd perhaps libreelec or perhaps khadas)
use
fw_printenv bls
to check value.
I assume/recall there is a GUI way to reboot into other OS as well.

Because I changed the theme the buttons with the boot options disappeared, when I reset the original theme was solved.

Can you add the buttons to other themes?

I do not plan such work yet.

Hi Oleg. I watched the world cup soccer game in my Vim2, and Russia gave a terrific 5-0 shower to the other team, with three goals that seemed from another planet. Are you sure you didn’t put any trck in your ROM? :rofl::wink:

2 Likes

Hi, balbes150!
It worked … for some time.
Now, pressing “power” brings the menu to select which system to boot.
But only android fires up. Can’t boot to Ubuntu nor LibreElec.
No way yet to ssh (root, khadas).
How could I update your 3-1 to the newest version?

Thks a lot for your help!

Write in more detail what actions were performed with the system before the reboot stopped working in other systems (installing packages in Android, changing settings, etc.). Try to start the system from an external media (from which you did the installation) and run the command “fw_printenv” from the user “root”, and show the result here.

I had also gathered a problem with the android box. My elder son had set up his google account, installed chrome and a game (terraria).
I use a logitech mouse and keyboard. The interface respond to the mouse. However, action-click didn’t work. Only form the keyboard.
“fw_printenv bls" from another system gave the right info (“libreelec” in my case).
So, with the keyboard, I did a “reset to factory settings” in Nougat. Selected Ubuntu on next boot and it finally did it.
Alas, my khadas account (which I had set to autologin) did not autolog. And no way to enter a password. Had to use root (which is not fully configured). Even after an update, the graphical tools to manage users do not work.
Moreover, I have no clue how to update to your latest 3in1 (no dbbr folder, even in extpart).
On the verge of giving it all up (with the feeling of a “hous of cards”) to install ubuntu with the more user-friendly emmc burning tools.Although not a total noob, I do not have the spare time required to fiddle in what I feel is still a WIP …
Sorry for that!! And thks for your kind interest!

reboot to flash another rom.
cannot enter upgrade mode via keys.
cannot boot anymore (not even the khadas logo)
boot from sd (coreelec) : starts then stop. Was known to work.
boot from usb (libreelec): nothing.
Now bricked.
Fun is over.

I doubt if your box is bricked.
You can always reinstall factory android image and restart experimenting from there.
Good luck!

1 Like

I guess it’s still working, but I can(t reach upgrade mode…

Finally made it, via TF card update which saved my ass (khadas has none, if I remember well).
Multiboot to reinstall (nothing obvious : still have to find aml_autosript.zip ans time to take care of that - the most difficult part).