MultiOS_3in1 (Android+Libreelec+Linux) install to eMMC

Hi Marc
Send me all sections of Android, I want to update the version of the image on the site for the new version of Android.

Hi Oleg
I emailed the URLs
I would want to upgrade next to VIM2_Nougat_V180209.
Not sure if it differs much from VIM2_Nougat_V180206 (I asked in other thread).
have a nice day

Thank You. Iā€™ll wait for the latest version.

Sorry for confusionā€¦

Currently on WIM2 7.1.2 NHG47L SCV3 Beta 20170906 test-keys
Want to upgradeā€¦
I downloaded VIM2_Nougat_V180209.7z , extracted txt and .img file.
How to upgrade a .img file?

In Factory Recovery, it only recognizes .zip files.

Thanks

Hello, The image file extracted from VIM2_Nougat_V180209.7z is to be installed using the Amlogic USB Burning Tool(plus a male-to-male USB
cable and a Windiws PC), or card method. See original post here.

For details, see the following links to Khadas Docsā€¦

Upgrade with USB, see here.

Upgrade via card, see here.

1 Like

This sentence just means that at the end I should shutdown, right?:thinking:

I follow all steps (tooks more than 1 hour all steps) and now Iā€™m in android and I donĀ“t have any choice to go into Linux or Libreelec.
I already reboot several times but no way.
Have you any ideia what Iā€™m missing here?:unamused:
Thanks.

Hello, Regarding the quote you show from balbes150, by carrier, I think he talks about the SD card, by disable, I think he means to remove the SD card.
I have yet to try the 3-n-1, so unfortunately, I cannot assist on that.

Have you downloaded and recorded on the SD card in the directory /ddbr archive VIM2-emmc.img.zip (does it need to be unpacked)? Then run the command ā€œkvm 2-updateā€ from the root user and follow its prompts. After completion , turn off the VIM, pull out the SD card and turn on the power. When Android starts , call the shutdown menu and select the desired system.

1 Like

Balbes150 thanks for your help.

Meantime and after figth with the software I figured out how to get out of the Android and switch to LibeELEC or Linux.
This are all working very well.:grin:

Thank you for your work and development of ROMs for Khadas.
Aabento

Please to those who have installed version MultiOS_3_in_1 (VIM1 or VIM2) is connected to the console UART or SSH test this test image.

https://yadi.sk/d/iepy4lJP3E7Hkq

The procedure of verification.

1. Download archive.

2. Unpack it.

3. Write the archive to any media from 4 GB (SD or USB).
    Pay attention to record the file need a special program, the same as recorded image Armbian Libreelec etc.

4. Add the dtb file. For VIM1 S905X it is recommended to use the file ā€œkvim_multiosā€. For VIM2 S912 - file ā€œkvim2_multiosā€.

5. Connect the device and turn the power on.

6. Within 3-5 minutes the system should start. Pay attention to the monitor\TV will NOT have any image, screen is black.

7. To verify that the system is fully running, in the UART console, press the ā€œEnterā€ key, in response, a new prompt should appear on the grille ( # ), this prompt is from the UART console that you can run the command.

8. Execute the command

gst-play-1.0 /root/test1.mp4

After a few seconds, the image and sound should appear on the screen. After playback is complete, run the following command

gst-play-1.0 /root/test2.mp4

The image should appear (doesnā€™T make any sound, this is normal).
9. Run the "poweroff"command to shut down.

Very is welcomed - check on hardware 4K.

It is also advisable to check the commands

kplayer /root/test1.mp4

and

kplayer /root/test2.mp4

2 Likes

The second test version with kernel 3.14.

If you are using this version on VIM1 and VIM2 models with MultiOS_3_in_1 systems installed, you may choose not to copy to manual dtb. On startup, the system will automatically use the dtb from the eMMC. Command to verify similar to that described earlier for the version 4.9.76. To run your test files from the video, you can burn them file to media and specify their name file when you run the player command.

Both test images can be run on the latest versions of Android\Ubuntu firmware for VIM and VIM2.

Updated GSTPlay image 20180220 with kernel 4.9.76.

Added the ability to control via SSH. Changes in this image. After starting the system, you need to wait for the screen saver. You can then connect using SSH. Before playing the video, you need to disable the splash screen by command.

/etc/init.d/S90dfb stop

As part of the added MC. To connect via SSH you need to use login ā€œrootā€ and password ā€œrootā€.

Can you explain more about this image GSTPlay, iā€™ve never heard about it, as i understand this is testing image, am i right?

These are images that are collected using buildroot Amlogic. It includes HW when playing a full-screen video. In the future, it is possible to include these components in Linux-based system images.

1 Like

Instructions for using MultiOS_3_in_1.

Hi,
@balbes150
How can one ā€œcall the shutdown menuā€ in Android having a mouse and a keyboard(usb) only? (kvim2)
I have installed/updated 3 in one all steps and I am back in Android (the newly installed from the 3 in 1).
I installed a lot of power down apps/buttons to no avail.

Hello!

Just use the remoteā€™s top button. Android will then show a menu with the required options.

I installed the 3-1 this morning (France, here). Mostly working like a charm.
Under ubuntu, external storage cannor be accessed with current ā€œkhadasā€ user.
sudo chown khadas:khadas /media/khadas wil correct permissions.

Else, ubuntu correctly updated.
Havenā€™t yet tried 4k with libreelec. 1080p seems flawless.

Just one question : how to update the emmc? Througn the ddbr process again?

Keep up with the fine job and thanks to you all!

Thanks for the advice but as stated above ā€œa mouse and a keyboard(usb) onlyā€, ie I donā€™t have a khadas remote.
From the info above seems that no other upgrades/installations are required.

The Q stays open:
How to call the system shutdown menu from the Android UI or terminal?

Button ā€œPowerā€ on the Board itself. I donā€™t use Android, maybe thereā€™s another option, I donā€™t know.
Press and hold for about 2-4 seconds, the shutdown menu will appear.

Can be turned off via the program