MIPI camera on Android Pie just giving blueish image in camera app

Sorry for that. We will disable the IR-CUT fuction by default for the Camera. And will release the now ROM at the end of June.

so does that mean, That camera can see IR ?

:grinning:You can search it by google

Thanks, will try that.

Yes, that would be great and also it would be great if you could provide any option to turn it ON again. BTW @Terry can you suggest me any docs or demo app source code to run NPU Yolov3 on android?

Hey @Terry, just one more doubt. As you said the IR cut sensor is by default enabled for android camera app. What if I run ./detect_demo_mipi in Ubuntu is the IR cut filter set to ON by default there too and does it shows the same blueish camera output there also? So, doesn’t it make sense to train my model on the images captured with same IR cut filtere turn ON only? Can I turn OFF that IR cut filter in. /detect_demo_mipi also?

Thanks

This is a TFL Classify demo based on the Android NN. In addition, about how to run NPU demo with JNI.
I’m exploring it. :smile:

Did you means ubuntu or Android? We will add control menu for IR CUT on Android settings.

@Terry I wanted to know about Ubuntu. Does the IR cut enabled by default when using. /detect_demo_mipi and does this also shows blueish output from mipi camera? If yes, then how to disable it or how to output clear image while running NPU demo on mipi.

Thanks for the android NN resource. Is something available similar to this one to run YOLOv3 on android with NPU?

Hey @Vladimir.v.v, these settings didn’t make the camera image clearer, still the blueish image on the screen. @Terry can you please suggest me any setting or tweak I could do to make the camera images clearer? Please someone help me.

Regards

hi, well, you can check with other firmware and OS, it may somehow be connected with incompatibility at the moment

Can you please suggest which OS can I use?

@CodeLogist the IR cut is not enabled by default, it has the blueish tinge because of all the IR light that’s bombarding the camera sensor,

if that is enabled, only visible light gets through and you will have a clear image, nothing to do with OS,

but Terry is working on a simple menu to enable and disable it, so stay in touch for that…

I believe it can be expected by the next Android release

I don’t have any IR light turned on near the camera. Even in sunlight It gives similar image.

I saw this in the 4.9 linux dts

please note that the "ir_cut_gpio =" has a value assigned to it, I believe ir_cut is enabled when that GPIO is set to high, but please verify it.

Well that is exactly the reason, the Sun emits all kind of radiation, xrays, gamma rays, even IR, (practically everything from the bottom of the spectrum till Microwaves I guess, with very high quantities) which we can’t see, so that’s why you have that blue tinge

Okay, I got that :), but how can I make it look like normal camera image? Any other OS or destro? Any setting or tweak?

Thanks

@CodeLogist I suggest using linux 4.9 focal itself, as it is a bit more easier to tweak the dts files to enable the ir_cut

that 's what I exactly told here :upside_down_face:

Try that and see if the modified dts does the job, don’t forget to compile the dts once its done and replace it with the existing dtb.

But the Ubuntu linux 4.9 doesn’t support screen rotation. I’m using touchscreen which was oriented in portrait mode and I couldn’t rotate it.like here. What I want is a landscape mode in touchscreen, MIPI camera output clear(not blueish tinge), support VIM3. Can you tell me what should I use? Ubuntu not supporting touchscreen rotation and now Android not outputting clear camera Image.