Manjaro ARM for Khadas Vim1 with Lima for HW Acc!
The Manjaro ARM project is proud to announce the first release for the Khadas Vim1 - Basic SBC !
These images are running the 5.6.2-2 kernel. Can be upgraded to 5.7.0-rc3
How to install:
Download the image/xz file from the download location. Verify that the download completed successfully.
After that, install Etcher (sudo pacman -S etcher if on Manjaro) and burn the to an SD card (8 GB or larger).
Enable Multi-boot on the Vim1 by following steps mentioned here. With this it should recognize the SD card as a bootable device and boot from it.
- New packages from upstream and Manjaro ARM.
- Manjaro now uses a branch based repo structure. Meaning you can now switch between
arm-unstable branches by editing
- XFCE 4.14
- KDE Plasma 5.18
- Lima for GPU - HW Acceralation
- BT/Audio - Works and tested in Vim1 - V14 - Basic.
- Fan does not work on v14
- HW Acceleration is a bit slow.
- Wifi driver not added yet on Vim1 . (Will upload a new wifi firmware package for vim1 later)
eMMC flash script for Vim1
It’s a script for supported Amlogic SBC designed to flash Manjaro ARM to the built-in eMMC module, so you don’t have to fiddle with DD and/or take out the eMMc module yourself.
Right now script for the Vim1 is available in the boot partition of the image. Filename is
install-aml-emmc.sh , to flash Manjaro on eMMC.
Users will need official latest Android image on the eMMC while booting Manjaro from Sd-Card and running this script using root access.
Thanks to @balbes150 for this emmc install script.
To flash Manjaro on eMMC:
- Download the image of your choice.
- Flash it to an SD card.
- Boot the SD card on the device.
- Follow the instructions on the screen.
- Login to the desktop.
- Open Terminal with root access and run
First Time setup
This release sports the First Time setup for all images, also via SSH. This means that at first boot, you will be asked about the following:
- keyboard layout
- additional user groups (optional)
- full name
- password for that username
- password for root
Then the setup script will set these settings and reboot to the login screen.
|Khadas Vim1 Pro
Please consider supporting Manjaro ARM directly via Patreon , Ko-Fi or Open Collective .
You can also donate to our upstream, which is Arch Linux ARM .
Manjaro ARM team