Manjaro ARM Linux - Preview1 - Edge-V Pro

but khadas_ldxe_ubuntu_bionic have display over usb alonf with touch functionality. u can flash it and try. works without audio though. so can we get that drive and add it to ur kernel?

@Qali-Buds @Spikerguy

About stuck at Loading Environment from MMC… I find out the reason.

It caused by the uboot environment variables. The uboot you use store uboot environment variables in the eMMC. Due to some reasons the uboot environment variables in the eMMC is not correct, when you use mainline uboot and load them from eMMC will case the baudrate cheanged to 115200 and all the uboot environment variables are not correct.

When you stuck at Loading Environment from MMC…, it doesn’t mean the system died, you can change the serial tool baudrate to 115200 and you can control it again.

In onder to avoid this issue, you can disable CONFIG_ENV_IS_IN_MMC, or fully erase the eMMC before run mainline uboot.

1 Like

interesting , thanks for the clarification.

@Spikerguy @numbqq khadas_ldxe_ubuntu_bionic have display over usb alonf with touch functionality. u can flash it and try. works without audio though. so can we get that drive and add it to ur kernel?

Any advise to get this booting?
Flashed with etcher, Manjaro-ARM-kde-plasma-edgev-preview1.img.xz to a 64GB ADATA micro-sd card.
The Edge-V’s fan starts spinning but just get ‘no signal’ on the tv even after 30 minutes then the tv shuts down.

Could it perhaps be UHS_SDR104 mode that is enabled in the dts file causing problems booting or u-boot on the emmc from the latest stock Android OS?

What is present on the emmc?

What is the uboot logs saying ? Most likely it is the bsp uboot on emmc which conflicts with mainline uboot on sd card.

Erased the EMMC, now it booted from the micro-sd card :slight_smile:

I see the KDE distro feels a bit slow.
Do you know if RGA/RGA2 is enabled in the kernel config and used for 2D rendering?
Any other settings to improve the UI performance?

For wifi, must you add the network or turn it on manually, I only see ethernet as connection in the bottom right system tray, no wifi as on my PC’s KDE desktop?
Will try to check more later today, I only tested quickly last night.

H264 video playback went well.
We must try to also get H265, VP9 and 10-bit color support.
But I’m not sure where the LE developers are at this stage, probably still need a lot of changes.
I read everywhere, also on Pine64 forum about video playback on RK3399 and it seems it’s a very complicated process with several patches across different kernel branches and users.

I will try the XFCE one and Khadas’s Gnome too, they should perform better since they are less resource hungry.

1 Like