LibreELEC for Khadas VIM1 VIM2 VIM3 (SD & USB & eMMC)

Thanks alot.

Got it to work. I wanted to check if the buffer works smoothly and it did work smoothly,

I need to find how they are using lima and framebuffer.

Updated Le 20190506_test_dvb images. Please, verify vTV.

1 Like

LibreELEC-AMLGX.arm-9.1-devel-20190430174635-68723cf.img
Device: 905x
Netflix works (software decoding)
IPTV: works great with hardware acceleration (don’t work on KVIM 9.1 official)
IPTV: x265 encoded does not work circle endless (works with LE 8 Kodi 17.6)

x265 is not yet supported, it is in the process of revision.

The HDMI driver currently supports 8-bit media (and plays 8-bit HEVC) but a large percentage of the HEVC content in circulation is 10-bit and this will have issues (expect crashes and hard lock-ups). 10-bit support is “next-up” on the to-do list as it opens the door to wider efforts on HDR and other colour-related topics that are being actively worked on for Kodi right now (Team Kodi should share a blog post on this in the near future). Once 10-bit support lands the HEVC decoder will need some additional development work to extend coverage.

4 Likes

I have managed to flash LE to EMMC.
But…,

this fork has been arround for quite some time, and now LEIA is already in it’s second incarnation I have question regarding porting LEIA to VIM2 ?
Any idea ?

These images LEIA are universal and work on all VIM1 (S905X) and VIM2 (S912)

But LIBREELEC is not flashable to the VIM2, or I am wrong. In the moment,

You are mistaken, all versions of LE from this theme are installed on all models VIM1 and VIM2 and can work from eMMC.

Updated images version 20190521 (amlgx_s9xxx directory).
I remind you to run on VIM2 (S912) you need to correctly specify the DTB in the file “uEnv.ini”.

1 Like

Ok, I will give try to it as well.
Thank for the info

Что то с интерфейсом в последних версиях
Шрифт и фон темные … еле видно.
И еще с картинкой 4к не понятки … выставил 4к и частоту 30 гц - что на телеке что на мониторе картинка на четверть экрана, сделал калибровку стала нормальной.
Но если фильм 24 гц то опять на четверть экрана, пришлось в вайт листе разрешений оставить только 4к 30 гц.

И перемотка курсором зависает.
Khadas Vim2 max

I asked question in LibreELEC forum about GUI with Black text, and apparently its a Panfrost bug.

Я задал вопрос на форуме LibreELEC о графическом интерфейсе с черным текстом и, по-видимому, ошибкой Panfrost

This is a known issue after upgrading to the new version of Panfrost and mesa (developers should fix it) . Now the main work is to include all changes in the main branches of the kernel and mesa, to already have all the elements there.

New image 20190604

@balbes150, Difference between AMLGX.arm-9.1 builds within AMLGX_s905_s905x_s912 and Khadas-Vim2 folders is? Just to have basic understanding what to look out for when installing and/or switching between.

The images in the directory with the name Khadas_vim and Khadas_vim2 differ from the General image s905_s905x_s912 only be configured by the DTB. This means that after you capture an image for VIM2, you can run it directly on VIM2 without having to edit the DTB. The same is true for other images with a specific model name.

OK thanks, just attempted to do an update to my Vim2 pro which was running 20190604130101-a41fdf1 to devel-20190608122716-a41fdf1 (LibreELEC-AMLGX.arm-9.1-devel-20190608122716-a41fdf1-khadas-vim2.tar)

And system after reboot is unable to complete “extracting contents of archive” then after my pulling power and restarting, performs a failed update recovery.

Upgrade to a different version - only through a clean installation