The video I tested, working fine. But I have not tested all the options. By the way, maybe it’s a coincidence, but I noticed that the version of the image I see is much more available Wi-Fi networks than on the way from Kszaq. It would be nice if someone had checked this information.
Just to clarify: if i DON’T have Android 6 (aka Marshmellow) on my VIM, i need to download the kvim.dtb from your Yadi.sk folder (20170801) and replace the one included in the image with the one i just downloaded?
– Edit: rename it to dtb.img obv as well
Yes, you need to download, rename and replace “dtb.img” on the media. I wrote about Android-6 in order to understand how u-boot I test my build. Maybe the firmware with Android 7 (with the data used in u-boot from the firmware) the behavior of the LE will be different, I have not tested it.
Using the flash file with USB cable - is dangerous procedure. Running the system from external media in multi-boot mode saves the contents of the internal eMMC and allows the user to preview the system. To check all its functions and to make sure this system suits him. I know a lot of cases when users , after some time of use, refuse from this system, in this case, they really just return to their previous state (without having to perform a potentially dangerous procedure of flashing). Many users use multi-upload that would to have multiple systems (Android + Le + Linux).
i had the latest official nugat build (170612) installed on mmc, flashed via manually creating a burncard with u_boot_nugat_170512. Was working ok, but all my PCs run linux, so i wanted linux on my VIM aswell.
I dd’ed your previous LibreElec 20170705.img to my sdcard, renamed dtb.img to _dtb.img_ and renamed remote.vim to remote.conf. Then i ran the Update&restore utility, pointed to the aml_…zip-file and after short the system rebooted.
But it never got out of the boot-animation. So i updated my SDcard with your new image (dd…; ren dtb.img __dtb.img; cp …/…/kvim.dtb dtb.img). I can’t get the image to boot, the system will only boot to the android boot animation and never finish. I have access to uboot, here’s the boot log: https://pastebin.com/q1KmV6iF
As i’m completely new to uboot, what should i do now?
(Oh, and if this is the wrong thread, please move it to another.)
It works now, thank you .
I extracted the text from aml_autoscript and executed all lines manually in the console, b/c none of the env-vars were set.
Now it boots beautifully
If someone with a similar problem comes along, here’s the script:
setenv bootfromrecovery 0
setenv bootfromnand 0
setenv bootcmd "run start_autoscript; run storeboot;"
setenv start_autoscript "if usb start ; then run start_usb_autoscript; fi; if mmcinfo; then run start_mmc_autoscript; fi;"
setenv start_mmc_autoscript "if fatload mmc 0 1020000 s905_autoscript; then autoscr 1020000; fi;"
setenv start_usb_autoscript "if fatload usb 0 1020000 s905_autoscript; then autoscr 1020000; fi; if fatload usb 1 1020000 s905_autoscript; then autoscr 1020000; fi; if fatload usb 2 1020000 s905_autoscript; then autoscr 1020000; fi; if fatload usb 3 1020000 s905_autoscript; then autoscr 1020000; fi;"
setenv upgrade_step "2"