LibreELEC for Khadas VIM1 VIM2 VIM3 (SD & USB & eMMC)

is there any compilation of your test
or another developer who can guide me
for arm S905D 4.X
that works DVB tuner
How Lima, Libreelec, nightly builds
Thank you

As far as I know, there are no options for DVB.

1 Like

Last updated LE with kernel 3.14 20181217.
Pay attention all, this is the last issue of images Libreelec with the kernel 3.14 for the s9xxx. In the future, I stop releasing LE with kernel 3.14 and completely switch to using kernel 4.XX.

5 Likes

New ver 20181224_LIMA (kernel 4.19).
Menu items are now “Install to eMMC” and “Backup eMMC” “Restore eMMC” to full backup in a separate partition (Libreelec settings \ eMMC).

2 Likes

Ver 20181228 (kernel 4.19)
Tested VIM (S905X) VIM2 (S912)
On the S912 version, the interface is not fully ready yet, there are no labels, but video playback works.

1 Like

The new version Libreelec (20190108) on the basis of the kernel of 4.19 works with HW at S912.
It’s not ready yet, but it’s working. Tested on VIM2 Basic (everything works except BT), WiFi\BT does not work On VIM2 Pro\Max. All models rotate video up to 4K inclusive, KODI interface has small glitches, but works without brakes. So that can be considered these images sustainable alpha. By the way, ran on all TV boxes with a simple USB flash drive.

3 Likes

To explain in more detail: You will not want (or be able) to use S912 images for daily use due to the number of graphical glitches in mesa support and serious memleaks from the experimental kernel driver. NB: Disable screensavers and do not leave Kodi open on pages that refresh automatically, e.g. the system info screen and you will prolong time before OOM occurs (and it will occur). I disagree with calling these images ‘Alpha’ … the codebase is very pre-pre-Alpha state!

I understand correctly that " OOM " is the fall of KODI (reboot LE) ?

Mesa has memory leaks and when RAM is exhausted Kodi is killed and restarted. The kernel driver also leaks and can cause reboots.

On VIM2 Max (3\64), I played different videos for hours on end, during which time there was not a single KODI drop. This weekend I will try to test VIM2 Basic (2\16) in the same mode.

If video is playing the GUI overlay is not visible so there’s nothing being rendered (so nothing to leak). On a 3GB model you also have a long time to OOM. Open the GUI on “System Info” which refreshes every 1-2 seconds and watch the free RAM count down :slight_smile:

I’m probably the wrong LE user because I use LE to watch videos and barely look at the KODI interface. :slight_smile:

Added images on MEGA (for those who can not download from Yandex).

https://mega.nz/#F!r8x3nAqY!0vnxHmLIwNQloV_n9IAIvA

New version LE (kernel 4) 20190117
Let me draw your attention, now images are called on different. For VIM1 (s905X) - you need to use version S905 , for VIM2 (S912) - s912. In the images themselves do not need to change anything, in each version has already made all the necessary settings to work on the desired model.

1 Like

I installed LibreELEC-Khadas_VIM.aarch64-9.1-devel-20181229084111-79c10ab.img on VIM1. In the power saving settings, everything is disabled. But when I turn off the TV, which is connected to VIM - I lost the ability to connect to it via ssh.
Have any idea how to fix this?

CEC may be enabled. So he poweroff VIM TV.

Hi Balbes

Thank you for all your efforts; here and on the libreelec forums.
Just one basic question:
For VIM users, should we use the official Libreelec release as that now also includes a KVIM version ( LibreELEC-KVIM.arm-8.95.003. or should we use your version of Libreelec…?
And… whats the difference?

You can use any version that suits you. The difference between the official versions-at the moment they are based on the old kernel 3.14. Perhaps some of the functions of working with video and sound there works better. I am now only building versions based on the new kernel 4.x, in which some functions may not yet work completely. There are differences in the functions themselves (I add my own functions, for example installation in eMMC via GUI, possibility to install with new u-boot-2018, etc.).
Perhaps in the future, these additional features will appear in the official versions (as decided by the community of developers LE).

The test version of the LE with the core 4 and the addition of the DVB driver (provided by alf1). The images run but I don’t know how to check DVB. I will appreciate the tests and the report that works or not.

https://yadi.sk/d/7E-Vsza1tSFUlQ

The official version can be installed in the eMMC? my problem is audio PCM no work in 4.x

Thanks for you work balbes150