KTB power and heat questions

Hi everyone. I have a few questions. I’ve made a case for KTB based on the popular DIY build here. The only opening in this aluminum case is the slight gap around the USB-C connector. Is extra ventilation required?

Which leads to my next question: Is the KTB meant to be always plugged in/on, or are most people using a switchable adapter or unplugging it when not in use?

Finally, since mine is set up in my home stereo, I’ve been using a USB adapter for power. After looking closely at the one I’ve been using for about 3 weeks, I noticed it’s output is 5.0V 480mA. Have I done permanent damage to my KTB, considering it’s specs are 5V 500mA?

Thanks for any responses, and if anyone from Khadas sees this, job well done on this product!

3 Likes

The Power pack 480ma to 500ma not a lot to worry about, I feel

I never like to leave things turned on, only if required.
Consider a WiFi plug for the outlet, controlled by the a phone app etc, easy to switch off or on.

My TB is still Naked at present, not enclosed, does the box feel warm or hot ?
If worried a few vent holes on the back along top and bottom edge would do the job.
A bit of circulation can never hurt

3 Likes

Late thanks for the advice!

1 Like

Have you seriously just recommended that? Why bother with hifi at all if you use those.
@zodiac don’t worry, electronics are better of and actually prefer to be on all the time.

Do you meant the gap here?

I think it’s for precision reason.