Krescue - take full control of your VIM device! easy way to install ANY OS! + back/restore your system

i have done update just now !

6 Likes

Hey guys, was anyone able to flash this way? Android OS unable to log in to your google account. Even if you turn off the sound at all, the sound will always be at its maximum. Why recommend such an image for use?!?

Krescue installation system - still on the testing and demo stage!!!

Android OS unable to log in to your google account. Even if you turn off the sound at all, the sound will always be at its maximum.

this krescue image contain same Android version as there > https://dl.khadas.com/Firmware/VIM3L/Android/VIM3L_Pie_V191130.7z

if u have some problem with android plz ask you questions about android in android thread (its not Krescue - krescue just installation system for other OS )

Why recommend such an image for use?!?

who make recommendation for u to use this android image ? :wink:

PS: some krescue images just for test some possible use as stable some not !!!

1 Like

I even have a dual system installed in EMMS using Krescue Android + Corelek, no problem! Great job!

4 Likes

new Android.Pie_V191130 krescue image for VIM3

NOTE: this krescue image generated from this (amlogic burn) image https://dl.khadas.com/Firmware/VIM3/Android/VIM3_Pie_V191122.7z
and contain same Android version

INFO: installation time only 50 sec

5 Likes

new COREELEC.9.2 nightly krescue image for VIM3 VIM3L ( one image VIM3x.COREELEC.9.2.nightly.emmc.kresq for both devices )

INFO: installation time only 17 sec
INFO: converted from coreelec night build 20191227

PS: i have check it for both VIM3 VIM3L devices - i dont find any problems - looks like works fine!!!

5 Likes

new Android.TV_FINAL-v1.0-20191023 krescue image for VIM3L

INFO: installation time only 65 sec
INFO: converted from SC_VIM3L_ATV_FINAL-v1.0-20191023.zip http://freaktab.org/6f52a9393ac610b9 - [ROM] SC VIM3L Pie ATV v1 20191023

NOTE: fixed bootup for other system from sd card

3 Likes

and after installation-reboot 17 minutes shows the android startup screen :rofl: great job man!

Who has already installed the android OS, first you need to install ColeElec, and then only install Android TV (otherwise an endless splash screen at startup). By the way, switching on with the remote control does not work (I use 3 remote controls alternately). Voice search does not work, which makes it useless to use it as a TV box. Some minor problems with logging at the first start (for a long time it was not possible to log in, I saw the same problem on a pure android OS).
Another bug, it is impossible to enter letters in the native keyboard. Pressing the OK button does not select a letter, but selects a transition to another menu (everywhere except YouTube as there is its own virtual keyboard).
the air mouse does not allow you to select letters when typing (therefore, it turns out I did not manage to log in for a long time). If you insert a USB flash drive into the connector, after a while the wifi falls off. I only tested a couple of hours :(. Will have to come back to CoreElec again… disgusting software support (numerous bugs, without testing). I have another five-year-old android box for $ 20 and it works better (at least there is voice control), I don’t understand why here people write that everything works fine?!?

tnx for respond ! i will check what happend ( but for me startup about 1 min )

UPDATE: i have checked it ! not have any problem - android first bootup every time slow (because make some setup and initialization for OS - sometimes is several mins ) - but its only first time! next bootup is fast!!

Krescue system just make installation for other OS
if u have some problem with installed OS for example with android GOTO other thread ----> [ROM] SC VIM3L Pie ATV Debug v4 20211122

PS: i never use Android and i cant say anything about android problems!

PSS: if u have problem or question about any linux OS wellcome (openwrt lakka coreelec ubuntu emuelec volumio) wellcome!

openwrt I install in my router (why install it on VIM3L?!? this is simple OS for routers), linux use in my PC (Ubuntu in Vim3L work very slowly, because arm architecture)… Сorelelect terribly slows down (moreover, you can’t log in to YouTube) if you install torrent services. There is not a single normal operating system for VIM3L to use it as a media center. It’s possible to port at least 100 operating systems to VIM3L, but with such support none of them can be used normally (due to bugs/errors), which’s why I say that disgusting support (the last time I launched your boot image for installation, the screen started to blink, periodically the image appears and periodically disappears :), is this normal in your opinion?). it remains to try the OS from supercelerone (maybe I’m lucky and it will work as it should).

• openwrt - its not only for routers! - for example u can make from openwrt very powerfull media server and many other … same torrents services …
    vim3l have usb3 and 1Gigabit Lan its enouth for good speed

• Сorelelec - nice for video

• Lakka - Emuelec - for retrogames

dont forget VIM3L its a new hardware - and need a time for make stable software - OpenSource is opensource and every time have some problems

if u have good skill u can setup system as u need!

Krescue still on testing stage and sure have some bugs ! but its a
already usable - and u can install and try any OS

Wellcome !

1 Like

:joy: man you have a very good sense of humor! Any modern router has 1 GB Lan :slight_smile: for many (like mine) there is also a USB connector for the disk. The price of my router is 30 $ :slight_smile:, the price of Khadas is 72 $ + control panels to replace the original 12 $. Everything that can be done with Khados Vim3L I can be done with an ordinary router at the price of 30 $ :slight_smile:

this is if you don’t connect the repositories and install additional applications from them :slight_smile:, I took a chance and installed torrent services, the result was my Khados Vim3L VERY slow :slight_smile: and jerky … for something to happen, you need to click the button more than 10 times. Only half an hour ago I dubbed it on Android TV (it’s better to catch bugs there, since there is more specialized software).

this is a plus for children :joy:, not for me (I’ve played enough with the settings for this device, so I’m not interested in more games :joy:).

In this you are 100% right. OK. Let’s wait for a change for the better :slight_smile:.

It’s not about abilities or skills :joy:. There are many unobvious things and tricks to do. For example, do you know how I set up the keyboard (so that the remote works correctly)? I went into google app and installed app “keyboard for android TV” (yes I know that it should have already been preinstalled default in OS and it supposedly was preinstalled, but it can be installed again :rofl:), then I turned off the system keyboard (and this is the same thing attachment :)). Is this a skill or some kind of trick? This is a trick … illogical and not obvious. But it works and I’m still happy :). And I organized a voice search through my mobile phone (chromecast) … it’s not convenient, but at least that is.

I can also install, I can’t work in it (many bugs). Android TV at the first start cannot be configured using a mobile device (constantly restarted). If someone tested, he would immediately pay attention to it. So no one is testing. Voice search is a very important and key thing in Android TV and this voice search doesn’t work at all … that means nobody even uses Android and Android TV.

In Europe, the holidays begin. Have a nice new year (all the best :partying_face:)!

im sure its not true !!

show me any router with same powerfull hardware - 4xCPU + DDR4 2G ram + 16G EMMC + IR/RC + pcie + M2 + 40Gios + 1xUSB3 + 2xUSB2 + …

i can make from this hardware media server or router
which have better performance - compare with 200$up routers

PS: Have a nice new year too

2 Likes

Hi, hyphop!
Great work with krescue! I’m new to SBC, and your tool gives more confidence I won’t break everything while testing different ROMs.
Are there any plans to improve KBI support in future versions? Especially the trigger part? I noticed there are some issues with switching WOL on different ROMs, also turning on dcin trigger might be very useful.

yes i will try to do soon ! ( WOL and some other triggers )

3 Likes

Time to bed now :crazy_face:

man, I’m not going to convince you :slight_smile:, you can’t believe me, BUT what you propose to do with Khados Vim3L + Openwrt (remote storage), I can do it with a simple router (definitely worse performance) + openwrt (and this is more convenient since because router is always on) :slight_smile: and I don’t need IR / RC + pcie + M2 + 40Gios (for Khados I bought a 512 GB SSD drive, but your engineers didn’t allow me to install it without buying an additional device at the price of +20 $ :rofl:, although they could simply increase the case by 6 mm).

ohh man… I don’t know what you’re talking (don’t just install the OS… for example CoreElec, but try to configure it … install torrent services :joy: and use it for at least a few days and you will understand that the characteristics that you admire are not visually noticed :)… it will slow down with any remote control :)) the more so when compared with the android box 5 years ago :), the only difference is that the new processor heats up less)… or you have little choice or you look at the world through the eyes of a seller, but not a buyer (for 200 $ it makes no sense to buy a device on an arm processor :slight_smile:. And where does the 200 $, why not 100 $ or 300 $?!? However, it doesn’t matter, initially it was about software support, and not about the technical characteristics of the device) :slight_smile:.
I did not want to clog this thread with answers (but it would be impolite to leave unanswered), so I apologize (I will no longer distract from the discussion) :). I have a festive mood :), I wish you all good luck and success in the new year!

last Ubuntu for VIM1 VIM2 VIM3 VIM3L
VIMx.Ubuntu-xfce-bionic_Linux-4.9_arm64_V20191231
and

last Android for VIM3L
VIM3L.Android.Pie_V200103

7 Likes