Oh okay, I should change the documentation. @Jaffac where did you figure out that you could press the Function key 3 times for VIM3L? I’ll have to change this, thank you
Krescue - take full control of your VIM device! easy way to install ANY OS! + back/restore your system
Ok I have fixed the bad link above. How to Boot into MaskROM Mode should point to:
FIXED! plz download last Krescue images https://dl.khadas.com/Firmware/Krescue/dump/
because images changes every day
you did a great job hyphop
some OS images for installation via krescue
krescue ready for Android installation
i just complete Android installation via krescue, we can test how its works
- fastest installation time - is only 40-50 sec (for example amlogic burn software makes it 4x and more times slower + sometimes with errors )
plz download latest krescue image (only latest krescue can write it )
PS: i can prepare krescue Android images for VIM1 VIM2 VIM3 too soon
simple real-time demo - how to install CoreElec and Android to VIM3L - only by 3min ( for both installation + runs and reboots )
seems like a really nice tool. will there be a version for VIM1 too?
this last demo video for VIM3L but krescue same works for VIM1 and VIM2 and VIM3 without differents
Krescue images for VIM1 can be found here.
- https://dl.khadas.com/Firmware/Krescue/dump - Krescue system - images for VIM1 VIM2 VIM3 VIM3L
- https://dl.khadas.com/Firmware/Krescue/images/ - different OS test images
read README before usage https://dl.khadas.com/Firmware/Krescue/images/README.krescue.usage.txt
have tried krescue with VIM1 and ran into problems after successfully preparing the sd-card and booting into krescue. the first installation over Android did NOT work for me, but dumping USBburned Ubuntu and restoring it over Android in another VIM1 was successful.
this is how i tried the Ubuntu image (from Khadas fw resourcs) installation over Android:
- on win10 pc, copied several versions of img files into /tmp/mounts/dumps/downloads directory
- started krescue on VIM1 and tried to write eMMC
- the uncompressed img was not recognized at all (not listed dor image WRITE).
- the 7z file from the firmware page (VIM1_Ubuntu-xfce-bionic_Linux-4.9_arm64_EMMC_V20190830.7z) was also not recognized (not listed for image WRITE).
- gz from img (created with gzip -c in krescue!) produced ‘broken gzip’ message when selected for write
- .zstd from eMMC img was accepted for writing, but the result was NOT as expected - no boot after power break, no video
- .zstd from SD_USB img was accepted for writing, but the result was NOT as expected - black screen in a few seconds after reset, video existed
why did I fail in restoring the files from Khadas fw resources? is there some special img.zstd somewhere for krescue?
found https://dl.khadas.com/Firmware/Krescue/images/, to be used with krescue. BUT using ubuntu from there does NOT boot in VIM1 either.
The only way I have any success on VIM1 with krescue is the dump and restore way.
plz dont write 7z images and other its not for krescue
krescue images ONLY there https://dl.khadas.com/Firmware/Krescue/images/
BUT using ubuntu from there does NOT boot in VIM1 either.
before write any images plz download and write latest krescue system
i have make changes day by day for krescue and krescue images
LAST IS from : Tue Dec 24 05:06:15 UTC 2019
and u need down latest images
only today i have done this ubuntu image for every device (universal image) and sure i have tested it for all devices VIM1 VIM2 VIM3 VIM3L ! its must works !)
PS: re-download and rewrite all again! im sure must works
PSS: now im testing krescue simple auto update - im think its must solve many problems
PSSS: images notes https://dl.khadas.com/Firmware/Krescue/dump/README-rescue-images.txt
i have done update just now !
Hey guys, was anyone able to flash this way? Android OS unable to log in to your google account. Even if you turn off the sound at all, the sound will always be at its maximum. Why recommend such an image for use?!?
Krescue installation system - still on the testing and demo stage!!!
Android OS unable to log in to your google account. Even if you turn off the sound at all, the sound will always be at its maximum.
this krescue image contain same Android version as there > https://dl.khadas.com/Firmware/VIM3L/Android/VIM3L_Pie_V191130.7z
if u have some problem with android plz ask you questions about android in android thread (its not Krescue - krescue just installation system for other OS )
Why recommend such an image for use?!?
who make recommendation for u to use this android image ?
PS: some krescue images just for test some possible use as stable some not !!!
I even have a dual system installed in EMMS using Krescue Android + Corelek, no problem! Great job!
new Android.Pie_V191130 krescue image for VIM3
NOTE: this krescue image generated from this (amlogic burn) image https://dl.khadas.com/Firmware/VIM3/Android/VIM3_Pie_V191122.7z
and contain same Android version
INFO: installation time only 50 sec