Krescue - take full control of your VIM device! easy way to install ANY OS! + back/restore your system

Oh! So it’s probably a change in the later versions of Android then?

sure last build was

...code/khadas-rescue-tools/projects/Android_Pie$ grep VER= make.conf.VIM*
make.conf.VIM1:VER=V200317
make.conf.VIM3:VER=V200319
make.conf.VIM3L:VER=V200320

i dont have any other new sources :wink:

PS: when new version will be ready i can update krescue images

started special thread about EDGE and Krescue progress !!!

3 Likes

If you’re answering me then, nothing is clearly anything (to the average user) :wink:
If it were the case, there would be no need for forums :rofl:

do you have stock android firmware?

No (or maybe), it’s one installed from the Krescue list, that’s why I asked the question in the Krescue thread :+1:

ok, what is the name of the firmware?
maybe she? :slightly_smiling_face:

I tried that one but was unable to obtain root access, which I need to change the remote.conf file in /system/etc

Then I did download a stock rom that had root access but that one didn’t have a remote.conf file for me to alter and adding one made no difference. Hand on, I’ll fingd out the name of the ROM

I understand you well buddy, just there you can ask this and other questions! :grin::+1:

Where would be a better place to ask?

I’ll try there, thanks

By the way, there is root access

Excellent! That’s half the issue solved LOL (I’ve just got to find out what has changed regarding remote.conf now)

2 Likes

Thanks @hyphop for a great job. Do you have any manual or how-to describing step-by-step converting .img files to .kresq?

2 Likes

I think right now, .kresq is a Backup format, It can only be obtained by burning the eMMC image to eMMC and then taking its backup in krescue, I may be wrong, but only @hyphop would know

1 Like

Do you have any manual or how-to describing step-by-step converting .img files to .kresq?

*.img - can have absolutely diff content / format - but if its simple raw image u can just compress to *.img.gz or *.img.zst or *.img.xz - and use it in krescue

*.kresq - its not raw image format / this one special advanced container for any os

kresq generate - EXAMPLES

3 Likes
  • *.kresq - its OS installation container
  • *.img.gz *.img.xz *.img.zst *.img.raw - raw/compressed backup images

Got OpenWRT installed on my VIM1, and @hyphop gave me a quick crash course on how to set it up as a Wi-Fi Router! It’s awesome, so tiny, cool and works reliably.

5 Likes

I definitely like this version of the radiator!

2 Likes