Khadas Vim3l is showing black screen after doing fastboot flashing

Hi All,
I’m trying to flash my vim3l board with my custom Android build but not coming fastboot again when I did fast boot error cam
FAILED (command write failed (Protocol error)) then this issue occurring and showing black screen. I’m following all the steps from this link How To Use Fastboot | Khadas Documentation

1 Like

@Saquib Can you provide complete process information of executing command?

I was flashing vim3l board using fastboot mode through usb-c How To Use Fastboot | Khadas Documentation where first start with
adb reboot fastboot
fastboot flashing unlock_critical
fastboot flashing unlock
fastboot flash bootloader bootloader.img
fastboot flash bootloader-boot0 bootloader.img
fastboot flash bootloader-boot1 bootloader.img
fastboot erase env
fastboot reboot-bootloader
sleep 5
fastboot flashing unlock_critical
fastboot flashing unlock
fastboot flash dts dt.img
fastboot flash dtbo dtbo.img
fastboot -w
fastboot erase param
fastboot erase tee
fastboot flash vbmeta vbmeta.img
fastboot flash odm odm.img
fastboot flash logo logo.img
fastboot flash boot boot.img
fastboot flash system system.img
fastboot flash vendor vendor.img
fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
fastboot flash product product.img
fastboot flashing lock_critical
fastboot flashing lock
fastboot reboot
then i get output
finished. total time: 0.031s
rebooting into bootloader…
OKAY [ 0.006s]
finished. total time: 3.015s

FAILED (command write failed (Protocol error))
finished. total time: 0.000s
Then black screen nothing is displaying and not coming in fastboot mode.

The information you provided is a bit of a mess. Roughly speaking, you didn’t follow the operation mentioned in the document.

Hi goenjoy thank for your quick reply.
Please guide me how can i recover board which is not working and how to flash my source code img in the board in this case.

@Saquib Upgrade Via a USB-C Cable | Khadas Documentation
Please refer to this link for the entire firmware upgrade.
And here is just a single package upgrade.

You and Pradeep_Kumar_Upadhy have a very similar style and issue.:slightly_smiling_face:

@RDFTKV @Saquib I guess they should be the same person.

I have trying this process but we are not detecting device for the upgrade mode when we press power and reset button in vim3l board.

On the vim3, i use the TST method to get it into upgrade mode so that I can flash firmwares and sometimes updates to my device, although khadas’s current android ROMs are able to update themselves without the need of a computer, so i only use it for flashing different firmwares Ard custom ROMs

@Pradeep_Kumar_Upadhy How To Boot Into Upgrade Mode | Khadas Documentation

Try this model.

Hi goenjoy,
Thanks for the your support i am able to flash and check my source code but when we are going to open Bluetooth that time it’s crashing in my source code and i didn’t do any changes in source code i just download from official page.
ActivityManager: Crashing app skipping ANR: ProcessRecord{5571dc4 4405:com.android.bluetooth/1002} executing service com.android.bluetooth/.hfp.HeadsetService

@jasonl @Terry Please follow up!!!

@Pradeep_Kumar_Upadhy ,about the bluetooth ,what is your firmware version and what board are you using?

@jasonl I am using vim3l board and I have downloaded source code which i am using in my board. Firmware version in android pie.

firmware version:- khadas-vims-pie

@Pradeep_Kumar_Upadhy you can flash the newest firmware to conform the problem
https://dl.khadas.com/Firmware/VIM3L/Android/VIM3L_Pie_V210128.7z

When I am flashing this https://dl.khadas.com/Firmware/VIM3L/Android/VIM3L_Pie_V210128.7z img it’s working fine but when i have download source code and flash my custom source code img that time blutooth issue is coming which i have giving log.
ActivityManager: Crashing app skipping ANR: ProcessRecord{5571dc4 4405:com.android.bluetooth /1002} executing service com.android.bluetooth/.hfp.HeadsetService

How do you compile and what changes have you made

I have just download vim3 source code and build use vim3l-eng mode after generating update.img file that i have flash in the board.

you can use kvim3l-userdebug to compile