Khadas VIM3 is launching on 24 June!

Hi @atomek @eviltrooper:
We should be able to delivery the VIM3 in advance, and the Coupon users will get the VIM3 first.

Thanks for the support!

4 Likes

@Gouwa please count me in as well.

2 Likes

Sounds good :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Looks ok. 7zip doesn’t use everything of it’s cpu’s (500% vs 550% on the Odroid N2) so it scores a bit lower than expected. But the single core scores are what they need to be.
CPUMiner also does great. Best scores I’ve ever seen on an ARM SBC.
The temperature is fine too.

I think the strange results are software related.
Here my Odroid N2 results with OC of 1.9Ghz on all cores.
http://ix.io/1HE9
Here the ones of the Khadas VIM3.
http://ix.io/1MFD

@tkaiser Doesn’t look like there’s a thermal issue.

2 Likes

A question!

How will the board be delivered, will it come with the wifi antennas, or we should find some antennas to connect to it? I guess the board is delivered bare?

Tade

Hi @Urajmal
Same with other Khadas SBC, the VIM3 package will include the two antennas in the package as below:

Users can also use external antennas with I-PEX header.

Have fun!

3 Likes

Thank you. Just added it to the list together with RPi 4: sbc-bench/Results.md at master · ThomasKaiser/sbc-bench · GitHub

VIM3 is only outperformed by one x86 SBC but I guess on a day like this (your launch day screwed up by RPi Trading people) this doesn’t matter that much…

5 Likes

@tkaiser thanks for update, we will do a test again when the 4GB version VIM3 Pro is ready :wink:

Current testing results based on VIM3 Basic(2GB LPDDR4).

2 Likes

How many days is the delay in sending out coupons?
Will there be an extension of coupon validity?

Well, I don’t expect numbers to be any different or are you then also using a different type of DRAM with overall more bandwidth?

BTW: I’m a bit confused. Are the VIM3 prices of $99.99 (Basic) and $139.99 (Pro) limited for the first batch or final prices that will remain the same later?

1 Like

VIM3 pricing of $69.99 (Basic) & $99.99 (Pro), are promotional prices, which ended on 24th June.

Retail prices are $99.99 (Basic) & $139.99 (Pro). The difference in prices are not due to a change of SoC.

You can still get $20-off VIM3 (until 22nd July)!

2 Likes

Hi @skh87, coupons will be valid till 22nd July. Please PM @A-Abby if you still haven’t received a coupon.

I tried to buy as soon as I got a coupon and the price was already 139.99, never saw 99.99 price.
Was that some sort of special thing outside of regular store?

1 Like

@vladk the coupons sent to you are so that you can buy VIM3 at $69.99 and $99.99. They are not meant for you to get a discount lower than $69.99 and $99.99.

For example,

VIM3 Pro:

$139.99 —> Apply Discount Coupon —> $99.99

VIM3 Basic:

$99.99 —> Apply Discount Coupon —> $69.99

Hope this clears things up! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Can I get a free heatsink too?

1 Like

Hi @vladk, I just checked and found that are the coupon backer, and completed the step 1 & 2(closed after launch), the coupon we sent to you value at $30.

I guess not didn’t notice the red-circled part as below:

@Erasc0 get 5 friends to share this on Facebook. :smile:

#VIM3 Facebook Link

just for me… i shared it with friends… will i get one? because if not i will order me one with the case :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’m not too sure who got what actually, best to PM @A-Abby about it.

No paypal payment in my country…How else can I buy?