Khadas Edge (RK3399PRO & RK3399 SBC) Indiegogo Campaign Is Live!

@numbqq @Kwiboo You can check the new version of LE (dir 20181214) ?
I noticed that the fall (reboot) often occur when trying to access network resources, it is desirable to run the video from USB media. I have when connected to TV directly, without an HDMI-VGA adapter the interface is stable and can stand for a long time. A restart occurs when you access a video library with a large number of files.

If the system will constantly restart, try another option dtb from the site from the same directory (copy to the media and write it in the file “extlinux.conf”). I have a system less restarts and allows you to watch a lot of movies before the failure.

This may be an accident, but I see that the aarch64 version is less prone to reboots.

Another note, I have after a few automatic reboots, the system stabilizes and no longer restarts and allows you to watch the video normally. By the way, I noticed that if the video was able to start, when playing reboots does not happen. Failures occur when changing the video output parameters (new video) or when some active operations in the interface.

Hello Oleg,

I tried LibreELEC-RK3399.arm-9.0-devel-20181209133944-18c82d1-rock960.img on Edge with Captan, but I still can’t boot to Kodi, stuck at startup interface, and the uart console can’t use…

And I found that fusb302 seems not working, the voltage of Type C adapter output is still 5V, this maybe to low…
You can setup the fusb302 to bump the voltage to 12V.

Thanks.

2 Likes

Hi Nick
You must use images from this link (it is better to use the aarch64 version)
https://yadi.sk/d/GIvgE2yOSvzDGg

Pay attention, at the beginning there can be several times faulty reboots, after several reboots the system has to stabilize itself. It is also desirable to disable the wired network, when I try to add a network source of video files on the NAS, the system becomes unstable and constantly restarts, without giving anything to do.

I don’t find this parameter in the source code, can you show it to me ?

Please refer to

And

1 Like

new ver (dir 20181215) add patch fusb302.c

1 Like

Checking the latest version until a not crash is detected. Video from the NAS is no longer a problem.
Looks like the problem was the lack of powero.
:slight_smile:

2 Likes

Request to all who have the options of EDGE, check out the launch of the new version to verify the fix.

1 Like

Checked latest version, it works.:wink:

1 Like

Updated images with LE. They now have working files to create a full backup\restore and install to the eMMC from the KODI GUI (Librelec\Service\Install to eMMC\backup\restore). I checked the create a full copy, restore, and install it in eMMC. Now I have the LE version installed in eMMC. Just checked how the update works LE through the file “tar”, the system is updated correctly. It remains to deal with WiFi\BT and remote control, and you can consider the version of LE for Khadas EDGE ready for use in test mode by ordinary users. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Hi Robert.
You can check on your option EDGE, how does Libreelec ?

In Captain, Boot SD, kr400,
Resetting Hmm
Once i used the correct power supply not happy with only 5v :thinking: :smiley:

Boots well:
Ethernet OK
No remote, using logitech k400 OK
Added Weather set for AU OK
Added upnp server, PLEX

Playing Video Ok no Audio thru HDMI at this stage still looking.
Not a Huge Kodi user Looking ok

1 Like

The good news, @Kwiboo is the added EDGE in GIT Libreelec and he is now part of the build system Libreelec as an independent image. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Wow, great news! :star_struck::star_struck::star_struck:

1 Like

Show me, that have you in the list Settings system\Audio ? I have sound through HDMI works without problems. AV output for Capitan is not working.

Thanks for help on finding the missing kernel code to make it run.
I have done basic testing of HDMI 4k, CEC, IR, WiFi, BT, ethernet and video decoding and it works same as on other rk3399 devices :slight_smile:

Hopefully same build should run on both Edge and Edge-V

4 Likes

Have you already uploaded a test image to the site ? :slight_smile:

Should be no problem, btw, you can also use the Boards detection registors to load different DTS for different boards:

Edge-V

Captain

Good day!

I have two Audio Options

ALSA, gather that is the default to use (as written )
Pulse Default BT not using as per previous post Not sorted

You have HDMI using captain, solo or both ?
Rest of settings are pretty much default at this stage
Anything in particular I should be looking in to

I only check the Capitan + EDGE option (I need a wired network). Sound works via HDMI with default settings. BT is not working yet. I didn’t check audio output via AV (on Capitan).