Issue and comparison of Android builds

In both the January 2023 and December 2022 builds of android, there is an issue with Storage Access Framework. Many apps that use the old API crash.

Interestingly, the September 2022 (which is presumably the same android version, but an older build) has no issues.

However, the September 2022 has a separate issue: it will allow some apps to go in sideways-portrait mode (basically 90 degrees rotated) and will not return to normal landscape mode. Changing/messing with the “auto rotate” setting does not fix this. I can download a screenrotator app that forces the system into landscape mode (for my TV), but this should not be necessary.

1 Like

@thesilente Thank you for your feedback. I will add the functions you need in the next version.

How soon are we until the next version is released?

1 Like

Any update on when we will get the new Android build that doesnt have the “storage access framework” issues the most recent build has??

@thesilente Sorry, not so fast. If it goes well, it is estimated that it will be released in mid-March. Once released, I will give you priority.

1 Like

@thesilente Edge2 Android 12 V230315 Rom Release

1 Like