Indiegogo Campaign + Edge Developer Samples

We still plan to launch Indiegogo on time. Though personally I’m a little concerned about the public interest; so far we haven’t collected a lot of emails. Perhaps it could be:

1. Product is too niche, not mass market
  2. Our campaigns are incorrectly targeted
  3. Our content marketing is not compelling enough

Anyway we will keep tweaking it. We hope we can reach enough people, so the manufacturing can be done at scale to save cost.

Likely the new case will be released later than the Edge, as we will need sometime for RnD. We can always ship out the Edge boards first. :slight_smile:

1 Like

i had a bad experience building kernel and custom android roms on a rockchip 3188 tablet back in the days, and i sweared i will never buy another rockchip again, so another rockchip based board from khadas leaves me very sceptical in term of ability to have hardware (gpu, vpu) drivers built into mainline kernels.

The situation with the RK has changed significantly. I have model TV box with RK3328. And I can say that all the major systems (Armbian and Libreelec) work well on it. I hope rk3399 the situation is not worse.

2 Likes

Yep, Rockchip did change their strategy on Open Source marketing, they have independent team for Open Source now.

here’s the official kernel support matrix from rockchip: http://opensource.rock-chips.com/wiki_Status_Matrix

1 Like

Edge-V for cluster application: 96PCS Edge-V per unit :rofl:

6 Likes

96 pieces of EDGE ? Is this a cluster for making money ??? :slight_smile:

Not for mining application, yep, for business and :moneybag::moneybag::moneybag:

Looks nice :slight_smile: how much?!

No price at the moment, just build for a testing currently :wink:

no vpu gpu suport in mainline, only in kernel 4.4 and probably not portable to mainline, this is what i call evil and i hate this; not beter than amlogic in fact

Latest blog update on the Edge, detailed retail pricing included. We’ve also decided to offer first-day backers 15% off the retail price. :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Looking good :heart_eyes: . No Captain aboard though. :sob: .

You don’t like the number 10 ? :partying_face:

Captain will be in a later update :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Good night, You jun! :wink:

1 Like

No M.2 NVMe drive and onboard SD card yet. :sob:

Actually, HAVE, see:

The Edge-V designed with all RK3399 CPU IO except USIC.

I’m interested in Edge + Captain. I was under the impression that Edge V was strictly standalone. Which is not what I want. Because some other stuff on the Captain is also of interest to me.

But I just noticed this :

Which feature?

BTW, the Captain V11 prototype will be ready next week.