I can't find my Enocean usb key on ubuntu server Vim2. FTDI module not found

Hello,

I try to make an home automation system with Vim2
My Enocean usb key is not recognize on VIM2_Ubuntu-server-16.04_Linux-4.9_V170922.
I can find it with lsusb but it’s not initiate with tty.
I think it’s because the driver is not found. The module ftdi_sio is not found in directory /lib/modules/4.9.40

Maybe i made a mistake. If it’s not, is there a chance to see this module (with usbserial) in the next version ?

Thank you

Pierre

Yep, you might right.

Can you specify the Enocean usb model you tested for our confirmation, or would be better if you can post the printing log when you plug-in your USB device, the log should include the PID/VID infos.

Thanks!

Sorry… i’m late to answer. I try to configure rsyslog in order to log the PID (process) when i plug-in the usb device… I do not know PID/VID for ProductId/VendorId. i’m tired :smiley:

PID/VID

idVendor           0x0403 Future Technology Devices International, Ltd
idProduct          0x6001 FT232 USB-Serial (UART) IC
iProduct                2 EnOcean USB 300 DB

For information, dmesg show me this when i plug and unplug the usb device:

usb 1-3.2: USB disconnect, device number 4
usb 1-3.2: new full-speed USB device number 6 using xhci-hcd

Thanks for your help.

Yep, you got the right message.

Can you catch again with more printing message/log and paste to us? like 50 lines after you plug-in/out the USB device.

Thanks!

Hello,

I don’t have much more log message after.
I can see the chip on the usb key. It’s a FTDI FT232RQ.

At the begin, I install libftdi1 but it was usefull. I thank there is a driver problem because modprobe can find usbserial but can’t find ftdi_sio.

Maybe i’m wrong. Sorry for my english, i’m not a good english writer.

Yep, what your guess should be correct, as I don’t have thus FTDI device so I can’t ensure.

Do you know how to build the Linux kernel?

You can just try reply with your local language, we added Google Translation feature for Khadas Forum days ago, which can translate most of the languages to the different local language setup by users, take a try!

1 Like

Ok. Je vais donc tester la traduction du forum…

Je n’ai jamais compilé de kernel. Je pense pouvoir y arriver. Je vois le principe.
Est ce que tu as des ressources (sites internet) pour m’aiguiller?

You can check the Khadas Docs for the instructions.