How to use USB GPS reciver on android M6?

My CarPC project on geekbox.
This is GPS/Glonass driver. You can built it yourself.
enjoy

Installation

Just copy the library to /system/lib/hw/ folder add properties to build.prop and reboot device.

Kernel properties
build.prop example:

ro.kernel.android.gps=ttyUSB0
ro.kernel.android.gps.speed=9600
ro.kernel.android.gps.max_rate=1

My system is Android 5.1.1 (Glonass work!)

5 Likes

Hi, Davemf:
Thanks to choose Khadas VIM.

Some infos you might need take a notice first:

• Khadas VIM will not support Android L
  • We haven’t done any work about GPS on Khadas VIM yet, so it might take a risk

Well, can you provide following infos to us:

• The GPS model you used?
  • What’s the problem you met when you build the GPS drivers on Android M?

Thanks and good luck!

I think if possible, you can paste the detailed building steps, and the log you got when running the drivers on your device, so some forks might help you.

I had never imagine an android device with usb gps
U-Blox7 confirmed
PS I love you !!!

Hello there
I have a working android with gps but i would like to ask if it is possible to work this image with hdmi to vga adapter.I tried to change the resolutions but with no success
I have a 7 screen touch screen but this not have audio out ,so its not working ok now and i need to extract audio with

Thank you very much

Edited
I made it work with an other adapter little bit better

I couldn’t understand well what you said. What problem did you need us to solve?

@davemf а нет решения для Android Pie на Vim3?

Я не собирал, а решение точно так же собирается как и на предыдущих версиях.

Тут вопрос больше в том, что на Vim3 GPS выпилен из прошивки, т.е. его не включить в настройках. Есть вариант попробовать через фиктивные местоположения, но не ясно какой gps модуль вообще покупать, чтобы подтянулся ядром или библиотекой из первого поста.
На Али в переписке вообще утверждают что с USB модулями не заработает.

А на прошивке Superceleron смотрели?

Везде выпилен, нигде не работает, поэтому и собираю свои версии прошивок для использования в авто, где есть все и работает.

1 Like

This was @superceleron response when I asked about including GPS in his awesome firmware