How to get USB OTG port to work in Device mode?

does this work on SD-USB images ?

not tried it but no reason it shouldn’t - its just a normal image with a few tweaks

It seems a bit complicated if you can could you please prepare me Build of this for Mainline Ubuntu Bionic 5.6 Server it could be really helpful :slightly_smiling_face:

its not complicated - only need to edit 3 files and build it - it just takes time to do. Really sorry but I have some rare spare time today and need to use it to get the software finished for my crypto miner web interface. Give it a go and shout if you get stuck - the fenix scripts do all the difficult work for you - the instructions are here Use Fenix scripts to build your own ubuntu image

Plus accepting built images from randoms on the internet is a good way to get malware into your network!

Hmm good point, ok sorry for disturbing you, tell me later when you have time which files to modify,
have a good day :slightly_smiling_face:

no problem - just building takes a while - the files to modify are in the links above - its the text above the changes - e.g. the first file to change is drivers/amlogic/usb/Kconfig

@birty I couldn’t find the directory called amlogic in the linux 5.6 /drivers
are you using kernel 4.9 ? what is your Firmware

yes - built using 4.9 ubuntu focal on emmc - can upload the image if you want to test that?

sure share me the download link but I will try my self for the SD-USB version,
BTW that version doesn’t have wifi right ?

ok - just zipping and uploading. Just plugged an antenna in and tried - wifi it works fine

So Wifi works, bluetooth should also work, Thanks @birty

Image with USB gadget mode enabled:

1 Like

@birty I tried what you said unfortunately its not working for me,
I did everything you told me, modify those three files and write those two scripts in the OS, but no luck :pensive:

But anyway I guess its not worth it as the computer cannot deliver that much power to boot it up with external storage media anyway

Thanks for the support anyway, will try the eMMC version when i need it, good day :slightly_smiling_face:

which bits didnt work?

Maybe I think I missed it at the part when you have to halt the build before you modify those files,
could you be a bit specific as to say which specific place I need to do that ?

Just stop it after Linux has downloaded - if you managed to modify the files then you must have had Linux download. Try just rebuilding it again. Should be much faster the second time as it doesn’t have to make the rootfs

yeah, I did do that , rebuilding it the second time, but I didn’t get usb0 in the ifconfig

Try running the script by hand what is the output from that?

when i did it it asked me for password in the middle of the process and so, i guessed this was the point and went ahead and modified the files, it said three files were modified and i clicked enter to resume, and i got the output of the build successfully,