High pitched whine when plugged into captain. Fried both edge boards

Looking for some guidance with troubleshooting this issue. The first edge died a few weeks ago. I would have to say my guess of when it happened was when I had a USB power adapter plugged into the PD port. Then I plugged the usb c to the computer. Can’t get into maskrom tried all 5 methods. The only reaction I get out of it is a solid blue light if I hold down the reset button for 3 or so seconds. Blue light stays solid no video output. If I press the reset momentarily the blue light flash once and that’s it. The 2nd edge (supposed to be my replacement) does the same way two days later. This time in the captain. It makes a high pitch sound like something is trying when I plug usb c power into the edge. Same result, no response except the reset button like the first board. I really liked the idea of these boards but functionality has been a nightmare. I really dont want to return all this equipment it’s over 400 and i can do pretty well in the sbc market with that kind of money so that option looks alot better right now…

Press the middle button three times in a row and quickly to see what happens?@Kaptain-Edge