Hardware volume

My KTB accepts USB audio from any otg mobile phone I attach to but it does not from a DAP Pioneer XDP-02U that has USB output too.

The iDSD accepts the USB from the XDP-02U with no probs. Other DAP/DAC accept it as well.

Any ideas why the KTB does not???

What’s the system of your XDP-02U? Is Android?
The XDP-02U linux must be 4.0 version or higher. If not, KTB can’t work on it.

Actually, it is Linux, not Android, but no idea which version, item is from mid 2018, so not that old. I just asked them, awaiting response. I will come back. Thanks so far.

1 Like

@Terry They tell me now, it is not a regular Linux, it is a proprietary version programmed by them for this player. So I think it will never perform with Khadas TB.

1 Like

In the meantime I tried other otg cables as well with no success, the TB doesn’t even go ON.

where you can buy the volume knob. and connection scheme where is it? thanks

Should be no related with OTG or USB Cable, if the player doesn’t built-in the driver of XMOS, TB will not work.

But it works with my iDSD Micro which is also XMOS-based.

What’s PID and VID of your iDSD Micro? You can check it on your Windows PC.

USB\VID_20B1&PID_3008&REV_052;&MI_02
USB\VID_20B1&PID_3008&MI_02
USB\VID_20B1&PID_3008&MI_02\7&27d878b0&0&0002
USB\VID_20B1&PID_3008\6&307d5fe6&0&2

Is this what you need?

Hi, TB PID is 20B1 and VID is 000A
The linux driver above 4.0 version has support TB. I think you need to check it with XDP-02U official. Thanks.

/* XMOS based USB DACs */
        switch (chip->usb_id) {
        case USB_ID(0x20b1, 0x3008): /* iFi Audio micro/nano iDSD */
        case USB_ID(0x20b1, 0x2008): /* Matrix Audio X-Sabre */
        case USB_ID(0x20b1, 0x300a): /* Matrix Audio Mini-i Pro */
        case USB_ID(0x22d9, 0x0416): /* OPPO HA-1 */
        case USB_ID(0x2772, 0x0230): /* Pro-Ject Pre Box S2 Digital */
                if (fp->altsetting == 2)
                        return SNDRV_PCM_FMTBIT_DSD_U32_BE;
                break;

case USB_ID(0x20b1, 0x000a): /* Gustard DAC-X20U */
        case USB_ID(0x20b1, 0x2009): /* DIYINHK DSD DXD 384kHz USB to I2S/DSD */
        case USB_ID(0x20b1, 0x2023): /* JLsounds I2SoverUSB */
        case USB_ID(0x20b1, 0x3023): /* Aune X1S 32BIT/384 DSD DAC */
        case USB_ID(0x2616, 0x0106): /* PS Audio NuWave DAC */

Updated Volumio to last V2.657 and realized that volume control is fixed now, no change possible, and only two options available “software” and “none” but no volume control possible … what a nightmare this software !!!

1 Like

Yea if you playback DSD files, there’s only 100% and 0% on volumio!

No, i was not referring to DSD playback, it applies to all files, and this was not before, dont know what they changed again.

1 Like

Well @hyphop has a little side-project, you can PM him about it.

Hi

Is it possible to control the 9038Q2M DAC’s output volume function, with the Tone Board attached by USB to a Raspberry Pi, on a piCorePlayer LMS/Squeezelite system? Through Alsa mixer?

Thanks

Oli

1 Like

Hi.

Q:

Just read the thread. Just for clarification. It seems to me that the Toneboard HW VC is not the ES9038Q2M 32bit DAC chip internal VC.
The internal Sabre VC supports DoP/DSD VC.
It’s been mentioned several times in this thread that DoP needs VC set to 100% though.

Did you then build your own TB VC into the XMOS?

Are you running the Sabre in OverSamplingFilter Bypass mode then? That could be reason for not having the 32bit OnDac VC running!??!

Thx.

Hello how are you. When will this be coming out.

1 Like

Hello
I want to make my own hardware volume controls. Can someone confirm if its gonna work with newest firmware 1.04?
On the Ben’s schematic there is info: “TVS and resistors can be NC” NC stands for normally closed or not connected? Im going to use pullup resistors, but are TVS really necessary? (BTW my plan is to use Esp8266 nodemcu for this)

Greetings

1 Like

keep me posted on this I am thinking of doing this with one of my nodeMCU’s