Go Passive with Home Made Heatsink

@Vladimir.v.v I believe you are unaware of why I had asked that question,
if you had a 5Ghz antenna for a 2.4Ghz Band, it might not even work at all

there is something called fundamental harmonics which decide what size antenna can go on what frequency band, but that still needs a lot of consideration when being modified.

that’s why I had asked that question, hope it clarifies your question

I understand correctly, you are experiencing problems with branded antennas from Khadas and are you looking for an alternative for them? tell us, maybe we can help you!
:point_up:

In this case, it would be logical to think that a person does not use 2.4 GHz, and he is right about that! :wink:

I don’t recall saying “I have a problem”, the question was whether the user had any problem :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

From the user’s message, we can see the following, the test was carried out in the 5 GHz range, when there is 5 GHz in the house, then 2.4 GHz is not needed in principle. The user also reports the absence of any problems!
:man_shrugging:t3::+1:

Thank you for the question, the router I’m using doesn’t have the control over which band to use, and 5 GHz is the default one.

1 Like

you cannot switch modes in the settings of the router’s web interface?
for example, I can switch and configure as I want on my router, so I forcibly disabled 2.4 GHz

No, it’s the Google Mesh, doesn’t have the settings. I had problem to set up 2.4GHz device before because of that.

Here is the other (40mm long) antenna I used for testing.

2 Likes

I realized one thing, it’s better not to save on good things, it’s like with vim3, I did not regret that I bought vim3 a year ago
:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::+1:

That could have been because of the antenna, or improper software configurations,
but nevertheless, its a good setup, keep it up mate :slightly_smiling_face:

I like the bandwidth of the 5GHz, but I like the wall punch through of the 2.4GHz. Mostly I prefer the wire for it’s stability and security, but wires don’t work on the the portables/handhelds, so WiFi must be tolerated.

Personally, it’s enough for me that the entire Khadas line supports Gigabit LAN!
:relieved::+1:

Yes, on the SBCs, I rely on the gig LAN. Only occasionally use the SBC’s WiFi for a hotspot. One of my neighbors runs their WiFi open, so occasionally, I will use the VIMs to see if they are still doing that foolishness. :crazy_face:

1 Like

Nike, and you turn out to be a bully, I did not know :rofl:
Just kidding :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

Yes, well, I have given them the WiFi security lecture on several occasions. They have only themselves to blame. :grin:

They just don’t seem to accept the need for securing their WiFi. No bullying though, I was raised that “a word to the wise should be sufficient”. Beyond the warning, it is up to their wisdom or lack thereof. :wink:

1 Like

You are a very kind person!
:wink:

They are good people, just not technically aware. We have to look out for our elders.

This would be considered debatable. :smile:

They help you, and you help them spend traffic and conduct lectures, your relationship is interesting, I like
:grinning::+1:

No, no, I just check if their WiFi is open, I do not use it. The VIMs can pickup their open network, my phone’s WiFi won’t reach that far. I have my own ISP. :slightly_smiling_face:
These “lectures” are conducted when we run into each other at the mailbox.
Anyway, we digress away from heatsink subject, will move back to that.

WOAH! how could you tease us like that!?!? You could atleast do a limited run and those who snooze lose

I would of loved a couple of those

2 Likes

Yes, worth it on looks alone. :slightly_smiling_face: