the vim3 board stop reading the emmc i think the only think that i can do is
./tools/update write u-boot_kvim3_noab.bin 0xfffa0000 0x10000
./tools/update run 0xfffa0000
./tools/update bl2_boot u-boot_kvim3_noab.bin

the upgrade mode have error

Try on Krescue to check

what is krescue ?? :smiley: :smiley:

1 Like

i have the same problem what to do :frowning: ?

Of course there is a reason to worry, is there an indication on the board?

nothing black screen only i guess we can flash it by the spi i will test it and tell you what happened

1 Like

I mean there is voltage on the vim board itself, what color is the led on?

white :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Then you need the uart serial debugging tool.

I had a similar problem with one of my USB-C cables and switched to another fixed the issue.

Yes, can certainly try all the simplest options, but I think his problem is deeper, I hope the problem is somewhere on the surface.

I only brought it up as its so similar to my issue. My VIM3 would not boot, and would not go into ‘loading mode’ via three press method. But I had power the led was on etc.
Replaced the cable and everything worked.

Its worth a quick try :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Android 11 is to blame. :rofl:

2 Likes

if update is having trouble seeing your device, one thing that helped me was installing libusb

sudo apt update
sudo apt install libusb-1.0-0

also you need to tell the os, if linux that the application has permission to write to devices using by setting the rule in the /etc/udev/rules.d, and add in a file such as “48-example.rules” with information describing the vendor id and in some cases the product id.

2 Likes

hi @JustSumDad i did it yesterday but the same problem i switched 3 usb

1 Like

hi @zonggestsu well when i tab lsusb i can see my device but the problem is at the bootloader i had changed the .bin of android 11 and from this moment nothing works i will check now how to flash it with spi ports instead of usb-c

voila the system reaction