Edge2 doesnt work with 1024x600 HDMI screen

Which system do you use? Android, Ubuntu, OOWOW or others?

Ubuntu

Which version of system do you use? Please provide the version of the system here:

Linux Gnome 1.6

Please describe your issue below:

Edge2 works fine on my large pc monitor (1920x1080) but we get nothing on the 1024x600 display we need to use it with. display works fine with everything else we plug it into, cable is not damaged. If we boot into OOWOW with 1024x600 screen plugged in it goes crazy, flashing and random lines and colours and patches of light and dark everywhere.

The screen in question is the most common DIY HDMI screen on the planet, you can buy it at almost every electronics shop so it should really be a basic compatibility feature for a DIY computer to work with.

same problem, different OS:

Hello @shasta

We will check this issue on our side and will keep you updating.

Thanks numbqq, I appreciate your help. I should add that I tested this on ubuntu but only because the windows OS provided in your OOWOW net install menu is broken for everyone (see my other post). though this screen compatibility issue should be fixed for all operating system images if possible.

@Electr1 The screen is a “7 inch HDMI LCD (c) USB capacitive touch screen”
brand: Waveshare
link: 7inch Capacitive Touch Screen LCD (C), 1024×600, HDMI, IPS, Low Power Consumption

EDID data and image of screen are attached

1 Like

Hello @shasta

Thanks for your information, we will check this issue.

Hello @shasta,

Please tell your Linux kernel version, you can check with command uname -r