Edge-Android-10-V230524 Rom Release

According to a Wikipedia
“… references to “qt”—an abbreviation of “quince tart”, within internal files and build systems relating to the release…”

A little cryptic for my simple mind, I’ll stick with “10”. :grin:

3 Likes

Quince Tart?, the only “Tarts” I have have ever ate were “Pop Tarts” :laughing:

You know the Google Android crew cannot keep their minds off of sweet treats. They may not name them after treats anymore, but this reveals they are still thinking it. And who could blame them? :laughing:

Yeah, I agree, take a look at other companies, they too have their weird but ok naming schemes,

Intel => Kaby lake, Coffee lake, Comet lake… (No idea here)
Cannonical => Bionic Beaver, Eoan Ermine, Focal Fossa… (Probably animals)
Taco bell => extremo, supremo, dorito… (No Idea here either)

At the end of the day it depends on what they like, and how they want to stand out from the crowd…

Is “Android Device Policy” possible with this Android 10 release?

1 Like

Our firmware does not contain this APK. You can install it yourself.

@goenjoy We are trying to install a ticket printer for our self service terminal. The printer has an android apk (https://www.custom4u.it/pages/product/index.php /utilities/AndroidPrinterSet). Installing it on a Android 10 (and on a 9) mobile device the printer is connecting and working. But on the Edge it is not recognized at all. Not even as a USB device. We saw that on the mobile it is asking us to allow permission to connect to the USB device, this is not happening on the edge.

I don’t have this problem with USB device verification.

Plug in the USB device and see if there is a similar log for connecting the USB device in the kernel log.

@goenjoy This permission request is not coming up at all with any of the USB devices (Logitech Brio Camera, USB Stick etc) Even so I know them from mobile devices. How do we access the kernel log? Google did not help :wink:

You need to use a USB/UART debugging tool connected to device on one end and PC on the other…

the resultant output is known as the kernel log, refer to this guide…
https://docs.khadas.com/edge/SetupSerialTool.html

I believe it feels weird for you to have to keep getting/ buying stuff :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

OK, found the solution to the USB issue: We used a TP Link PoE splitter to power the Edge Captain 12V DC Port. We as well powered the printer with a different PoE Splitter from Digitus (becouse of 24V) on the same switch. As soon as we used a 12V splitter from Digitus for the Captain we where able to connect to the printer without any problems.

We don’t know why but its working now… We will send the TP-Link splitter back and use the Digitus from now on…

1 Like

I can’t understand what you said, it’s better to have pictures, so I can analyze the reason.

Its not the fault of the board, the Poe Splitter from TP-Link is bad quality. Using the Digitus Splitter all is working.

1 Like

I hope Rockchip will support Android 10 better for RK3399.
Because at the moment it’s not fit for use for media playback.
You need box or tv firmware that supports HDMI out properly with switching frame-buffers, resolutions.
You can only use a 720p frame-buffer with tablet firmware so everything is up-scaled and worse quality, 4K, HDR, frame-rate switching not working correctly that even works on $40 Amlogic devices correctly.
So for media playback, only Android 9 is good to use.

1 Like

Hi, yes, I saw boxes for TV on AliExpress on Rockchip 3328 (3318), on Android 10

Seems only RK3328 supports Android box firmware at the moment and it won’t change.
But those devices you mention have very bad cooling, heating problems and mostly use DDR3 RAM which have problems with HDR playback too but overall the firmware does work better than RK3399 Android 10 since it’s not tablet firmware. S905X2/3 are much better.
I also contacted Rockchip and said RK3399 Android 10 box/tv firmware is important but haven’t heard back yet.

1 Like

I know from reviews that the temperature reaches 105 °, and the board itself has no ventilation holes.
“Wonder of Engineering”
:grimacing::grin:

@Vladimir.v.v that means can start making popcorn with their Tvbox, while they enjoy watching movies :rofl:

Buddy, if you manage to turn on this device, consider this a success, don’t even count on more
:upside_down_face:

Anyboby , The latest firmware has been released, see the beginning.

4 Likes