Edge 2 board power cycles all the time

Which system do you use? Android, Ubuntu, OOWOW or others?

ubuntu 22 gnome linux

Which version of system do you use? Khadas official images, self built images, or others?

Khadas official image downloaded via Wifi

Post a console log of your issue below:

could not capture log since i don’t have SSH access to the device. it boots all the time , again and again.

Hi.
What do you have plugged into the Edge2?

I’ve had the same issue with all my peripherals plugged in(3 different USB hubs, ethernet adapter, fan, hdmi switch, …)
When I only have HDMI and USB-C power plugged in it boots normally. And then I plug in all my adapters and hubs.
I think it’s my HDMI hub that creates the problem, but not sure.
That has a USB hub with 4 ports with again another USB hub plugged in with all my mouse and keyboards. And also an USB audio adapter.

Another possible reason could be my 5GbE adapter.
I should try by plugging in device by device and every time boot until it’s not booting anymore.

Hi~ @guykatznelson @NicoD
There is one thing to note in the use process. Insufficient power supply will lead to restart.

My PSU is ok. But I think the board has issue’s with so many usb devices connected at boot.
It keeps rebooting. No uart so indeed hard to diagnose. I should test all my devices separate, but there are a lot.
Once it’s booted it is stable and works.
I just made my review video about it where I show how I use it and what I all plug in.
Here the video. I’ll release it tomorrow. Might change a few things before releasing.

1 Like

Do you have issue with our 24W PD adaptor? Which USB usb port you used to supply the power? You’d better to use the Power Only USB port to supply the power if you have many devices connected.

https://docs.khadas.com/products/sbc/edge2/hardware/start

I’m using the only PD port with your PSU.
It’s just a mess having 4 USB hubs. One is powered. Maybe that’s a problem.
Or maybe the fan that asks too much with usb 5GbE adapter.

I’m fine with how I work.
Just for others this might be an issue if they have the same problem. I’ll let you know if/when I know what device/devices cause it.

Just a complicated setup I’ve got and the Edge2 isn’t made for it. I’m still waiting on Rock5 for this task.
But happy I’ve got the Edge2 to have kept me company. Also got other RK3588 boards now.

Thinking of making a laptop with 30000mAh power bank a 13 inch 1080p display and Rii Mini keyboard for traveling. Way better than PineBookPro.
Cheers

1 Like