3 Likes

Awesome, can you share the instructions for making this,
I’d like to modify it to use Fedora workstation :smile:

Cheers!

Alpha Archlinux VIM4 archlinux - Google Drive

1 Like

Hello @Jart25

Cool, So you rebuild the package ?

No, because i can use the native libgbm.so of mesa in last builds that support Mali API, then havent rebuild Xwayland, neither Mutter or any other package.

so just installing mesa package was enough to fix it ?

The problem of API yes. The problem of HW ACC no, also needs mesa with support. But my problem was the UMP and udev + mkinitcpio

yes it was dumb, but I see that the Mali blob driver has less performance than the opensource panfrost in kernel 5.19.0+ on my S922X which has a Mali G52 MP6, VIM4 with A311D2 has Mali G52 MP8 with a DDR4 2000MHZ while the S922X 1600MHz,
Everything says that since the GPU uses the ram freq, and VIM4 has more ram speed and GPU cores, it should have a noticeable advantage.

Chromium for example doesn’t have a full graphics renderer with the mali private blob, at least for the time being since you have to use vulkan as a backend.

@numbqq

Today it is unforgivable that amlogic does not directly release its socs in the mainline of the linux kernel, that in 2022 we have to be like this…

Meson T7 and all new soc should already be supported from its public release, not with all its features, but at least basic ethernet, gpu support

When it has support in the mainline, they will practically have released another more powerful processor, making the previous one obsolete.

How long can Khadas VIM4 take on Mainline? There is no date or approach for the moment even.

2 Likes

Hello @Jart25

I found you created a new topic about the mainline issue, so we can talk there.

1 Like