Corrupted Serial output

Hi,

I have a problem with the serial output of my VIM3L.
I tested on Linux (Ckermit and Minicom) and windows (Putty), but I have the same problem
When the VIM3L boot, I have this output

SM1:BL:511f6b:81ca2f;FEAT:A0F83180:20282000;POC:F;RCY:0;EMMC:0;READ:0;0.0;CHK:0;
bl2_stage_init 0x01
bl2_stage_init 0x81    hwid:▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒6
▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒Ƴ▒▒▒
▒▒▒▒▒▒>v▒▒▒▒▒▒|▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒>▒▒▒▒▒?▒▒▒▒▒▒▒|▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒`▒▒▒▒g▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒<▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒`▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒x▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒=
▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒`?▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒
▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒~▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒?▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒
▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒|▒▒▒▒?▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒N▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒
▒▒▒▒▒▒w▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒
▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒`

And it continues …

I have no valid output after the hwid
I don’t know if it’s coming from my USB to TTL converter or from my VIM3L.
I played with Uboot a few days ago, and I flashed a bad uboot, but I fixed it by flashing a new image with USB Burning Tool, and despite this problem, my VIM3L is running perfectly. (and I don’t know if I had this problem before or not)
I have the impression that Linux TX -> VIM3L RX is not working (because I can’t go into the Uboot prompt mode)

Any idea ?

Hello, I assume you have set baud rate to 115200. That you are getting some output suggests your TX and RX lines are in the correct order.

Yes :confused:

I just did some tests.
On my VIM3L I did “echo -e “\x7E\x03\xD0\xAF und normaler Text” > /dev/ttyS0” and I receive “▒▒” on my PC, and in the other direction It seems to work "cat /dev/ttyS0 on my VIM3L and I typed some texts in my console, and the Vim received it perfectly

I ordered a new USB/TTL Converter, let see if it solves the problem

3 Likes

I received the new one, and it is working great, so it was the fault of the adapter

2 Likes

good to hear :slight_smile: @Ticc0