CoreELEC on vim2

Hi all,

recently I have installed latest CoreELEC build to eMMC on my vim2 and now I have an issue with shutdown.

If I want to shutdown CoreELEC it reboots and I can’t turn it off.

Does anyone know what could be the problem? @balbes150?

Best regards,
Sinisa

I don’t know what patches are used in Coreelec. You need to contact the developers Coreelec.

1 Like

@balbes150 could it be related to bootloader? Something in here?

S.

Sorry, I don’t do coreelec. I don’t know what and where they patches. You need to contact the coreelec developers.

Hi @balbes150 I will contact them but just to tell you that I have flashed your LibreELEC build on my vim2 and I have a same problem with shutdown. Shutdown does not power off vim2 but restarts it.

Edit: it seems that WOL is the reason why LE shutdown does not work.

S.

I do not have this issue, but my Coreelec is installed to the eMMC.

It seems to be a problem with the bootloader which comes with the Android image. have you installed the CE to eMMC or are you running it from SD card. If you are running it from SD card then you need to go into the Android settings and disable the Wake On Lan feature. This is not available within Coreelec settings. The problem isn’t present if you are running from eMMC.

There are a few threads regarding this on the Coreelec Forums.

Shoog

Hi @shoog,

thanks for reply. Strange is that I had same reboot issue on both eMMC and SD card install of CoreELEC. Also on LibreELEC build and CoreELEC. I found on CoreELEC forum info regarding WOL. Will try to disable it (at the moment I am using @balbes150 LE build on sdcard with active Khadas android rom on eMMC) first in Android and test. Or just disable it completely in u-boot (don’t need wol).

Best regards,
S.

Hi all,

shutdown issue resolved by disabling WOL. Now everything is working fine.

S.

1 Like