Cooing Fan Assemble Guidance

Just a name for PWM, check the schematic for information:

I see it.
How to add 3 operation modes of the cooler? Like you did for geekbox :slight_smile:

Mode 1: always on
Mode 2: always off
Mode 3: trigger by the temperature of CPU.
How to set the temperature of the trigger-cooler?

May be, Will terry adds the selection menu to the settings on android? Like he added for geekbox’s Mmallow…

As we haven’t develop a module for cooling fan yet, so we don’t got the source code porting on the VIM.

But you can refer the Geekbox source code and port to VIM, if any technical issues just let us know.

Thanks!

I need ON/OFF signal only. I asked about the control output. If Vim does not has this output, how to do it?
My ITPS has driver +12V for FAN on MOSFET transistors with galvanic isolation.
+5V is very low for good cooling. See more about my system

Is there a place to buy the heatsink from yet, or what the specs are for the one that was used with the fan?

Not a direct answer to your question, but this will answer part of it. :slight_smile:
Gouwa stated the room reserved for heatsink in this post.
Area reserved for heatsink:
25 x 32 x 5mm

Looking at the picture in Gouwa’s post, the heatsink appears to be a 25x25x5mm( I assume 5mm) heatsink. It is approximately 11 GPIO pins wide, turns out that is ~25mm.

1 Like

I have connected the fan to the 3.3V gpio, and tbh i do not notice any difference, it’s still too noisy.

I found sitting on a rubber mouse mat removed a lot of Noise.
or add some rubber feet.

1 Like

I’ll look and try to find something, it doesn’t make much noise when you put it on the soft surface.

Hi,
This is compativel wiht khadas Vim?:face_with_raised_eyebrow:
http://www.gearbest.com/development-boards/pp_129612.html
Best regards
Andrew

Same here. For a small fan WAY too loud… It almost sounds like a small vacuum cleaner! BUT it works temperature wise. Before my VIM was in idle and working mode between 75 and 85 degrees celcius. And now in idle mode its 50 degrees.

It makes too much noise, even desktops aren’t that loud, it’s better to use some externally powered x86/64 fan connected through 5V power supply.

1 Like

Hi
sometimes the image disappears and the blue screen turns up, help me if I’ve done something wrong?
I noticed that both happen on rom Vim and on AndroidTV, thanks
Regards
Andrew

Hi there everyone, I’m new on this community.
I tried to buy the cooling fan for khadas on the link above but it was sold out.
When will it be available again?

@Gouwa Do you have any info regarding this subject? :slight_smile:

Best Regards,
AmAuron

Hi, Amauron:
Which VIM model do you have? VIM1 or 2?

VIM1’s cooling fan is out of stock temporary.

Hi, i’ve got a VIM 2 model.

The link above is only for VIM1, and the connector of the fan is different between VIM2 and 1:

• VIM2: designed with a 0.8mm pitch cooling fan header and fan driver circuit.
  • VIM1: doesn’t design with any cooling fan header or driver circuit.(drive by the 40-pin GPIO by VCC power directly)

For VIM2, as the current acrylic case doesn’t have enough room for the cooling fan, so the we haven’t got VIM2’s cooling fan online for sale at the moment. We are designing the new DIY case, which support cooling fan mounting and will launch soon, you might need to wait some time.

Thanks!

I mounted the kit, to adjust the fan speed and lower the noise I put a small trimmer, I mounted a nice heat dissipation with thermal adhesive paste, now fully loaded in steaming with kodi I work at 45 degrees before working at 85 degrees.
and I’m waiting for the new case.

5 Likes

Nice picture! good job

Hi all!

I’ve just ordered VIM2 Pro and start reading this forum. Maybe I should do in first place :expressionless:
Is it realy necessary to install fan or radiator? If so why is not included in original package?

Don’t tell me that watcing a 1080p video and running torrent is to much for VIM2…and is calling for extra cooling?!

Regards,
Tomaz

1 Like