Compilation xbmc in linux

@Spikerguy, when you boot on android how you boot on SD card which content manjaro ?

I follow also https://forum.manjaro.org/t/manjaro-arm-20-06-released/148221.

When you have android on emmc then you can boot into manjaro by enabling multiboot.

You can enable multiboot by pressing function button 3 times within 3seconds.
If not then try the other methods mentioned in docs.khadas.com

1 Like

I believe that’s three times in two seconds to enable Multiboot, doesn’t matter if your doing it fast enough :grin:

2 Likes

I press it three times as fast as I can, I don’t like to be late. :grin:

2 Likes

Actually, I pressed well 3 times quickly. It reboots with the blue LEDs but after it boots on the Android: x

@ronron in that case you can try, (KEYS mode)
–> while the board is turned off but powered,
press both the power ad reset buttons,
keep pressing both till you see the Khadas logo, at that moment release the reset button, but don’t release the power button

the logo should come back, at that moment release the power button as well, you should have booted into Multiboot.

Read here for more data:
https://docs.khadas.com/vim3/HowtoBootIntoUpgradeMode.html

This is my technique, as I can’t really count the time correctly, so I have assigned those timestamps referring to when the boot logo appears and disappears, but you can follow Khadas website :smile:

Reading it is simple, but in reality it is very complicated.
It’s stranger, I hnow to go into Android recovery very quickly. But multiboot is less obvious.

Yes, the difference between entering recovery mode, and Multiboot is so subtle, that even me having so much experience in enabling multi boot for atleast 50-60 times now, I have had situations where I have accidentally enabled Recovery mode instead :upside_down_face:

ARf, I lost boot USB. I can’t install anything anymore. It’s lose :frowning:

I am sorry, couldn’t get what you said,
you lost your Boot USB ?, the one you were using to Boot linux ?

I even have a black screen

Oh dear, what seems to be the problem now ?
No signs of booting?, no LEDs ?

I’m looking for a serial link. I have no more LEDs no reaction

I had this on serie “LOOP:19;EMMC:0;READ:0;CHK:1F;READ:0;CHK:1F;READ:0;CHK:1F;SD?:0;SD:0;READ:0;CHK:1F;USB:8;”

@ronron looks like its checking though all the storage devices for the ROM,
Uh oh, I think instead of activating multiboot you erased the eMMC :upside_down_face:

1 Like

Thanks you, burn a new image is more easy :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I don’t know how I did after 4 hours. I managed to boot on the SD card.
Maybe it’s not what I did the manipulations without the sd-card.

Anomalies lol :upside_down_face:

I understand why I don’t boot on SD-card. I had installed “manjaro” and don’t boot. With “rescue VIM”, I boot :slight_smile:

you mean Krescue :face_with_raised_eyebrow: ?

1 Like