Change logo in VIM3 Android 9 SDK

And if you want to replace the logo then you can try it from adb shell as well.

i have edited the Bmp pic and i will give it a try now

and about changing the model name can i use the adb also and how to do so

I don’t think you can change model name from adb. You will have to change it from the source. Go through device and vendor directories and specifically look into device and board related .mk files. It should be there.

heheh
i have prepared the picture (logo) and didn’t know how to start using adb i have saved the logo in
c: user /pictures/…and tried the instruction from this page but… Build Logo on Android

how to start what to type
adb devices
adb mount…
i have no clue

You can refer to this

Hey @Terry

Is there any way to increase the show time of boot animation?
I want to run my boot animation longer than usual. Is it possible?
I want to increase my boot time. How do I do that?

@Avyay you can make the bootanimation appear for few times, check your bootanimation.zip file,
in the desc.txt, there should be this line:

p 1 0 part0

you can change this to:

p 1 x part0

where x is how many times you want the animation to play,
if x is 0 it will play indefinitely until the device has completely booted,
else, it will play the animation that many times, after only which it will show mainscreen

2 Likes

hello
Android

i have tried it and this is the result

adb push new_logo.img /storage/emulated/0/
adb errror cannot stat no such file or directory

even i tried logo.bmp… same thing and the logo is in same directory as plattform tool folder

@Devil *.img is not the picture, it is the compiled binary image!
you have to recompile the uboot, with picture changed!!

i want the same if possible

is there and easier way to change the logo
changing boot animation is much easier but time boot is too short 11 sec

so its not going to work as boot animation same way?
adb

@Devil there is no other way to change the boot logo other than to recompile the uboot,

I will just reiterate the summary of the topic once for your understand:

• boot logo is part of uboot, and to be changed it needs to be changed in the source, and recompiled and flashed by the steps Terry has given. the boot logo only appears for 2-3 seconds before going to boot animation

• boot animation is part of android system, and can be changed by replacing the bootanimation.zip
    the duration and how long the animation will run can be changed by modifying the desc.txt, please refer to my above post to see how to extend the boot animation period.

also its in everyone’s wish that the boot time is short and fast, why do want to extend the boot time ? its just time redundant

2 Likes

hello
how can i edit what tools i have to use so i can remove or replace boot logo and change the Model name what are the tools and can i use windows to edit the image?

@Devil
You need to replace the .bmp file in the VIM3 source code. Now, If you are asking about your .bmp file then you can generate it from paint or photoshop or you can use any other software similar like paint/photoshop. You don’t need any extra tools for this.

But easiest way would be using paint. Set your resolution and save it as .bmp. Rename it as bootup.bmp and put that file on location ----> device/khadas/kvim3/logo_img_files/bootup.bmp. Finally, compile your VIM3 source and flash the image/os on VIM3.

hello thank you for your instructions
i mean how to copy the .bmp file to source code can i do it with adb? or i need special software and if yes which one and does it work on windows

you need to compile it on linux

1 Like

I guess you are not aware about the procedure. You need to compile the source code of VIM3 on linux. For that you will have to setup a build environment.

Follow this —> Building Android Source Code | Khadas Documentation

1 Like

hello
yes i am new and for me i think its hard unless i watch an instruction video