Can anyone recommend a 7" touchscreen for the VIM3?

yes, resolution has to be just right, as the VIMs support only VESA resolutions,

@Donanon, please remember to buy a display with supported resolution,

these are all the supported resolution for HDMI display,

1 Like

Perhaps this is a matter of time, since the monitor is new. Are you planning to use Android? Terry announced an update soon, maybe you should wait.

2 Likes

Iā€™d like to use Volumio but I could use Android with USB Audio Player PRO : https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.extreamsd.usbaudioplayerpro
which gets around the inherrant limitations of Android music playback.

"purchase something like that Waveshare display or the one @Vladimir.v.v recommended, its your wish, incase something comes up like touch problem etc. we will be ready to help "

That sounds good, I will order the display tonight.

So the update might include the ability to change font/icon sizes in Android? If so that sounds tempting.

Wait, maybe Hyphop will help ,as it helps to integrate correctly Volumio for Khadas, maybe you should wait with the purchase of a new display

Yes, I think it is possible, you need to directly contact the guys from Khadas!

yes @Donanon you should wait and get some advice from khadas side as well, you could save you money on the screen, and use the display you already have,

also as @Vladimir.v.v said, you could contact them for helping change icon size and Hyphop for help in Volumino, and you can have a no compromises sound system in your car :grinning:

1 Like