Burning Tools for Linux PC

Hi, the second option is more reliable, via USB cable, the first option is an extreme case, the difference is that in the first case you first write the firmware to sd, and then from it to vim, UBT is stitched to vim directly from the PC, via usb cable.
Good luck to you!

2 Likes

thanks alot :heart: @Vladimir.v.v

2 Likes

I dont recommend using Direct USB-c to flash. as it have caused my motherboard to fail .

VIM3 V12

2 Likes

Hey! do you use sd card write method? Sorry, I have not yet had any problems recording via a usb-c cable, in general, the method with a cable is considered the most reliable. Perhaps your problem was with the cable itself, this often happens and leads to errors. :man_shrugging:t3:
Have a nice day!:slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

well guys my vim3 is dead XD so i had to buy another one thanks alot <3

dont try android 11 on vim3 its risky

Android 11 won’t kill your device. If your board is dead, it maybe other reasons.

1 Like

I’m very sorry to hear this, but still I want to clarify that it is impossible to kill the board in software, if only in hardware, you tried to give it to an electronics workshop, maybe everything is not lost.

1 Like

@numbqq we had another user complain about android P not working after using android 11,
I think its because of the bootloader ?

something seems to be happening…

1 Like

No, it’s Android Q (Amdroid 10) not Android 11. And it should be software porblem not hardware problem.

1 Like

If you have an Android 11 image, provide it to me, I’ll try to download it, and then return to Android 9.
:grimacing::grinning::see_no_evil:

1 Like

oh ok, didn’t notice it was VIM3L,
sorry for the accidental distress

1 Like

Good morning @numbqq well i did everything normally after building the android 11 and creating the imgs
i had to change the u-boot.bin file i did tthis exactly

cd path/to/aosp/device/amlogic/yukawa/bootloader/
./tools/update write u-boot_kvim3_noab.bin 0xfffa0000 0x10000
./tools/update run 0xfffa0000
./tools/update bl2_boot u-boot_kvim3_noab.bin

after that every thing is black after trying to reflash the vim with uboot of the PIE the white led stop working

@Vladimir.v.v hi valdimir well the i didnt use vim3 for electronique workshop i just used for android

1 Like

@Vladimir.v.v well i deleted the project but this is the repo command that i did

repo init -u https://android.googlesource.com/platform/manifest -b android-11.0.0_r31
1 Like

It maybe just a software problem, not hardware problem. You can flash our released images to check the hardware status.

@numbqq yup i totaly agree there is something wrong with the soft specialy i read an article that android 10 and + while oblige the av Decoding(8k) and the soc of vim3 cant support this i think

How install img for VIM3L? In images-collection VIMx.COREELEC.19.2-Matrix_rc2.emmc.kresq (on the official website of Coreelec already CoreELEC 19.2-Matrix_rc3 August 5th, 2021), but if I try install VIMx.COREELEC.19.2-Matrix_rc2.emmc.kresq an error: “Unsupported board: [VIM3L]” (exactly the same error if set VIM3x.COREELEC.9.2.5.emmc.kresq). If I try to install the official img (CoreELEC 19.2-Matrix_rc3 August 5th, 2021) an error: “Try to burn to eMMC storage, but the image installation type is ‘SD-USB’, please use ‘EMMC’ image!”. Where can I find the official image not for the SD card, but for the EMMC?

this images not for amlogic burning tool! its for Krescue > https://dl.khadas.com/Firmware/Krescue/

ok. Where Coreelec 19.2 image for amlogic burning tool (for EMMc)? Krescue method do not installed in Android TV (superceleron OS locked bootloader and SD card with Krescue image do not boot).

not big problem

1. dl.khadas.com - Index of /firmware/uboot/mainline/ > https://dl.khadas.com/Firmware/uboot/mainline/VIM3L.uboot-mainline.emmc.aml.img amlogic burn image write mainilne uboot
  2. start krescue and write coreelec
1 Like