Battery power for VIM3L using Lithium-ion power bank?

Hello All,

I am thinking of buying this Lithium-ion power ROCKSOLAR Adventurer Portable Power Station to power my VIM3L music playback setup. Yes, it is overkill but I have found the Rocksolar device at a very good price and I would like to buy it and use it to power my VIM3L though the USB C output or DC 12 volt output. I am attaching the specifications and a link for the power station and if anyone has time to check it out I would like to know your thoughts. Thank for any replies.

Built-in Battery 222Wh,20Ah/11.1V

(equivalent:60000mAh,3.7V)
High-Quality Lithium-ion Battery
Input Charging Adapter: DC15V/2A
Solar Panel Input DC 13V-24V/2.2A Max
Fully Charged Time Adapter:about 10-11 hours
DC Output 3 x DC Output 9-12.6V/10A

(Total 15A Max)
2 x USB C 5-9V/2.1A Qualcomm Quick Charge3.0
1 x USB 5-9V/2.1A Qualcomm Quick Charge3.0
2x USB Output 5V/2.1A(Total 3.1A Max)

1 Like

obviously seems overkill :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

but it seems adequately priced for the energy capacity,
VIM3L is very power efficient, you could use a smaller powerbank to power it for more than 10 hours, and it could make for a portable setup as well, and it doesn’t need to be too big, perhaps around 10,000mAh could do it fine

(my setup with a VIM3 and an anker 10,000mAh battery with some peripherals attached got me around 5+ hours of usage)

perhaps you should check out all available possibilities ? :slightly_smiling_face:

Electr1, thanks for replying. Did you connect your battery pack to your VIM3 using a USB-C cable or via VIN? What voltage does the Anker battery pack supply to your VIM3?

I am thinking of buying and using this Anker battery pack: PowerCore 20000 PD - Anker

Any thoughts or opinions you (or anyone) have are welcome.

I connected mine over USB-C,

this seems plenty good as well, without any peripherals and running a light load, I would estimate it to last around 14 hours continuously, I would also suggest using it’s PD port so that optimal power can get delivered without any bottlenecks with power in case of external accessories :slightly_smiling_face:

Electr1, thanks for the great info. I ordered the Anker PowerCore 20000 PD to power my VIM3L and Tone Board1 set up.

1 Like

So, I purchased the PowerCore 20000PD and PD charger, charged the battery to 100 percent and connected it to my VIM3l via USB-C and the VIM will not power on. I disconnected the USB-C and plugged the VIM into 12 volt via the VIN and it worked perfectly. I feel like I am missing something, do I have to set the VIM3L to USB-C power in the settings.

Thanks for any replies.

Hello, I would try a different cable. Taking advantage of the PD protocol requires a cable to have more than just power connections.
There is no setting required whether using USB-C or VIN pads.
Also make sure there is no port power switch on the Anker.

1 Like