Armbian + KODI (Ubuntu\Debian) for SD & USB & eMMC

Install Armbian (only kernel 4.18) to eMMC.

2 Likes

Good news. U-boot-2018 files work on all vim1 (S905X) and VIM2 (S912) models. That is, you can use the files from the link above as well on VIM2. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Add new version 5.55 20180817.

Add supports USB audio.

Tested work Tone Board with the latest version of Armbian 20180817, everything is fine automatically determined and works. When you connect the sound card, the system automatically switched to it. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Important information.

2 Likes

Launched the latest version of the image 5.55 (20180817) to vim2 connected to TV LG 4K , when start the system automatically detects the presence of 4K and switched to the screen resolution 3840x2160. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Dear Balbes150

Seems this file Armbian is corrupt. Could you check it?
Thank you.

Armbian_5.55_Aml-s9xxx_Ubuntu_bionic_default_4.18.0_desktop_20180819.img.xz

aabento

It work, tested this build few minutes ago. Maybe it broken for you during download process?

Ok, thanks.
I will try once again.

aabento

Update. 5.59 (20180823). Fixed WiFi work on Khadas VIM1 (s905x).

2 Likes

I downloaded your latest image, bionic desktop with 4.18 kernel , copied dtb, pasted it to root folder, renamed it to dtb.img, and i still don’t have wifi network.

I did even try to load modules, modprobe wifi_dummy and modprobe dhd, as root of course, nothing worked.

Device is Vim1 pro.

New version 20180829.

A fixed package with firmware for legacy images. It must be installed with the command

https://yadi.sk/d/tNM7NdyB3afohU

sudo dpkg -I

If there are errors when installing this package, you must remove the packages that prevent it from being installed.

2 Likes

Now I have VIM1_Ubuntu-xenial_Linux-4.9_mate_arm64_EMMC_2018-05-31 and how I can boot with Armbian build?

You need to contact @numbqq to clarify which u-boot option is used in this version and what steps you need to take to activate the universal multi-boot.

Hi dangear,

It’s the same to Android.

Please refer to

I use Win32DiskImager to create USB Drive with Armbian and try boot via Keys mode. But I see black screen only. I need to install Android and then update VIM bootloader for multiboot from it?

Good news. :slight_smile:
With the support of @narmstrong , it was possible to get a working version of u-boot-2018 for all models of VIM2 (S912). I checked on the VIM2 Basic and Max, u-boot-2018 works with SD card and eMMC. This will allow you to use Linux in normal disk mode with the latest version of u-boot on all VIM2. For those who want to try the new u-boot-2018, I uploaded two files to the site, for VIM and VIM2.

4 Likes

I managed to install Armbian in EMMC with MBR version 5.59 with two partitions, a BOOT of 122MiB and ROOT of 57,47GiB, the first one is unallocated by 668MiB I do not know why.:smiley:
Has interruptions to the network and boots pretty fast.

Which hub do you connect to 100Mb or 1Gb ?

Primary 700Mb is the service part when using the regular u-boot-2015. If you use u-boot-2018, it will be possible to exploit the full capacity of eMMC for the system (minus the 4MB service in the beginning to u-boot-2018).

We stopped the network and created another connection with modified parameters, now it works.

How to install u-boot 2018, I saved u-boot 2018 for VIM2.
Thank you.