3. Rename Dtb.vim in dtb.img move in root ok
    4, Resize Gparted in linux ok
  4. Run kodi ok
  5. Exit kodi ok
    login as root ok
    login as alarm okā€¦
  6. Run desktop arch linux no workigā€¦
    How to run to desktop?

All users have their own preferences with options DE.
You can install and configure the desired DE yourself.

An updated version 20180202 of ArchLinux with KODI 17.6.
Note that this version can only work on S905\S905X.

1 Like

Update 20180207 image ArhLinux + KODI-17.6.

Updated kernel, now works HW when playing video. If artifacts appear on the image, you need to move your mouse. These artifacts are from the output to the console of service information. I have not yet found a way to disable the display of this service information. Please ask those who have 4K equipment to check how 4K playback works.

4 Likes

Added to the website the image with pre-installed ArchLinux 20180207 MATE. The user ā€œalarmā€ password ā€œalarmā€ . User ā€œrootā€ password ā€œrootā€.

Added console version of the image ArchLinux.

There is a variant of ArchLinux image with KODI-18. Is there anyone who would like to try it ?

Hi, balbes150! Iā€™m quite new in this, so would you mind explaining step-by-step how to install your image of Arch Linux MATE onto Khadas VIM Pro? I tried using USB-C cable and windows USB burning tool with no luck. When it checks image it says that image is not valid (or something like that).

Iā€™m using Arch Linux on my desktop, my son is on windows.

Thanx in advance!

P.S. Iā€™m willing to try Arch Linux + KODI 18. :wink:

These images are not for the USB Burn Tool. To run them, you need to use an external media (SD card or USB flash drive). Download, unzip the archive, write it to the media (note, do not copy the file, write the image to the media). Add the correct dtb file. Activate multi-boot once (and the system will automatically start any systems from external media). Details of running different systems from external media and video activation of multi-boot you can find in the topic about Armbian. The principles of use are the same. Option with KODI-18 Iā€™ll look (if not removed it).

Thank you for fast reply. I thought it can be burnt onto emmc. Is there any way of replacing current Ubuntu install on emmc with your image?

What version of Ubuntu image is installed in eMMC ?

I think itā€™s either this one:
VIM1_Ubuntu-xenial_Linux-3.14_mate_arm64_EMMC_2018-05-31

or this one:
VIM_Ubuntu-mate-16.04_Linux-3.14_KODI-17.3_EMMC_V180127

Kernel is 3.14 and it has KODI, but I donā€™t think I installed latter one. I think I went with newer one.

If you have a UART console, you can try to replace the system in eMMC with ArchLinux. Or return a full-time Android and complete the setup procedure using the script ā€œinstall.shā€.

I donā€™t have USB to UART cable, but this Android + install.sh script sounds fun. Where can I get that install.sh script?

Start with restore the regular firmware and run ArchLinux with external media. For simple (without using the UART console) installation of ArchLinux in eMMC, you need to change the script ā€œinstall.shā€ (under the features of the ArchLinux directory structure, I will write how to do it), add the package ā€œabootimgā€ to the system (make and install ā€œabootimgā€ it in the ArchLinux System running from external media on VIM) and add a file option ā€œfstabā€ to work from eMMC. By the way, after that, you can make an image for all users with a simple installation procedure (as it is used in Armbian) from the system received from you on the external media.

https://github.com/150balbes/build/blob/amlogic/scripts/amlogic/905_install.sh

https://github.com/150balbes/build/blob/amlogic/scripts/amlogic/905_fstab

Also, you can to build and install a new version of KODI-18 immediately in your system (and share the finished package with others). :slight_smile:

1 Like

@balbes150 thank you for your work.

I was trying to use one of your Arch images to boot my khadas Vim 2.

However, when booting I just get an Android Recovery screen, saying ā€œNo commandā€, any idea as to why this happens?

These versions are very outdated and need to be updated.

1 Like

Hello I have been trying to install arch on to a vim2 via micro sd.
When I do so the android bootloader error saying no command.
These are the steps I have taken

sudo dd if=S9xxx_ArchLinux_KODI_17.6_20180207_3_14.img of=/dev/sdb bs=4M && sync
mkdir vim
sudo mount /dev/sdb1 vim
sudo cp vim/dtbs/kvim2_android.dtb vim/dtb.img

any comments would really help

Activate multi-boot and use the correct dtb. But these images are already very outdated, I recommend to pay attention to this version.
This is a universal version and when you add the correct DTB will work on VIM2

https://forum.khadas.com/t/manjaro-linux-desktop-environment-for-kvim1/3945/7

Hello,

I tried compiling kodi with your PKGBUILD for kodi-aml Link
and Your branch of Kodi for amlogic Link on Manjaro 19.08 kernel 5.3.0-rc5 with lima enabled. With the last commit and it is having some error while compiling
Error Log. This is one of the few error I got.

Did this PKGBUILD on your branch work fine when you compiled it when you built arch linux?

If in case you have a package which you build for amlogic when you released this arch version along with kodi then please share it with me.