Apt-get not working

I have tested ubuntu on Khadas VIM3. the Sdcard image is at https://dl.khadas.com/Firmware/VIM3/Ubuntu/SD_USB/VIM3_Ubuntu-xfce-bionic_Linux-5.3-rc4_arm64_SD-USB_V20190830.7z
I would like to install some packages for my development, but the board could not connect to khadas server. I am sure internet connection is good. Below is my command
$ sudo apt update
the command exit failed with connection error.

Can we access the application server in Viet Nam? if cannot, do we have any alternative solutions?

Hi, please try using the latest firmware, you may encounter various bugs in the older firmware…

try ping 8.8.8.8 to check your internet connection first…
Does the network you use have firewall…?
if so it could block default ubuntu repos

1 Like

I tried the latest one here https://dl.khadas.com/Firmware/VIM3/Ubuntu/SD_USB/VIM3_Ubuntu-gnome-focal_Linux-5.7-rc7_arm64_SD-USB_V0.9-20200530.7z
but usb mouse is not working so I downgrade.

Please check what @Archangel1235 has recommended,
for stability I recommend using the 4.9 Kernel images, unless your project demands the need of 5.x kernel

I Try the @Archangel1235’ solution. I found that ap-get works when i connected to wifi. Apt-get is not working if I connected to Ethernet.
Is there any special setting on Ethenet?

try ifconfig and see if ethernet is connected and IP is assigned

@ThinhNguyen can you make sure the /etc/network/interfaces has not been modified ?

the IP address is assigned but I cannot access any webpage in chromium browser when I use Ethernet
And I am sure that /etc/network/interfaces has not been modified @Electr1.

I use this SD card image VIM3_Ubuntu-xfce-bionic_Linux-4.9_arm64_SD-USB_V20191231.7z

@ThinhNguyen can you try using Firefox, I have seen chromium have some problems…

but please note it is highly advisable to upgrade your firmware to solve bugs :slight_smile:

@Electr1 and @Archangel1235, Thank you for solution. I think I can deal with it now. And on notice that wifi only works in Sdcard image with kernel 4.9,

1 Like

Good to know @ThinhNguyen
please try to solve it later, when necessary,
good day!

1 Like