Android resolutions

Which system do you use? Android, Ubuntu, OOWOW or others?

Android

Which version of system do you use? Khadas official images, self built images, or others?

Khadas official, and 3rd party built/modded from official

Hi.
I recently received my VIM4 and started playing around with it. I was somewhat surprised that Android builds don’t seem to readily support higher screen resolution than the staple 1080p. I stumbled upon “HDMI Resolutions testing” post, and after a very long read I gotta admit I’m somewhat confused as to the current status of supported resolution in the official Android build, especially when it comes to V4, cause most of this thread deals w/ devices up to 3L…
can someone please clarify?

I would very much like to run it on my 2560x1080p monitor @ native res, but that doesn’t seem to be possible? (yet, I hope)
(in my list of resolutions in Android display settings I only get up to 1080p/60)

Thank you.

@elabjer This resolution belongs to unconventional resolution, and we will add similar unconventional resolution support later.

thank you for your answer, however, I must disagree with “unconventional”… it’s standard nowadays, referred to as 1080p UW.

I understand supporting gazillion video modes takes substantial effort, but - speaking from my personal POV - I bought VIM4 exactly cause it was touted as “the most powerful, the best, etc” SBC around… great hardware, sure, but too unsupported in features its supposed to provide in comparison to its direct rivals. it’s a shame really, cause it seems to me that by the time you get around to work out everything it’s already gonna be getting obsolete. as for me - I’m gonna put it in a drawer, sadly.

BR.

I’m in the same boat, I bought because it was very powerful and raspberry pi 4 prices were so high. I thought why not give this a try.

Even though I love the hardware, lack of software support makes it useless. I bought the khadas TS050 screen, m.2 extension, 3d printed bunch of cases, bought a m.2 ssd, and all installed and sitting in the drawer.

1 Like