Airplay screen mirroring?

Is there any way to implement screen mirroring via airplay using VIM4 ?

1 Like

Hello @hetoc

You want to implement airplay on Ubuntu or Android ?

I’d prefer Ubuntu, but if there is a repository I could compile it for android as well )

Oh I mean there’re few repositories on GitHub but for raspberry similar to this one and im curious if streamer would work correctly on VIM4?

Hi @hetoc

Need to check, I’m not sure whether it can work on VIM4 with current image.

1 Like

I haven’t tested RPiPlay, but RPi is basically Debian Buster where these libraries and dependencies are concerned. Ubuntu 22.04 is largely drawn from Debian Sid as a base, with its snapshot being 6-9 months back.

I’d presume a high probability of successful compilation and linking an RPiPlay binary, that would function with better performance — I mean the author has it working on a Pi-Zero. It’d be worth the effort to find out.

— Jeremiah

OK. for RPiPlay! I installed the same dependencies on a stock fenix Ubuntu 22.04 Gnome, as specified for Raspian, and got a clean compile per the README. My resulting binary runs, and accepts connection from an iPhone, with both defaults and gstreamer as the video and audio renderers.

I don’t have usage for piping this stream to a player,but you can assume that RPiPlay works as advertised on the VIM4 fenix desktop image, and it compiles FAST.

— Jeremiah

2 Likes

Oh that’s great news! thanks a lot!

1 Like