A little confused about connecting displays

I’m still confused about directly connecting displays to the edge2. Which ports do I use (one of the ribbon connectors, nothing HDMI/DP related), what displays are compatible, and do I need to power them separately, and if it’s a touch screen, do I need additional connections or drivers? Thanks!

TS050 is compatible.

No need, just connect the screen and Edge2 with the FPC cable.

No need, just connect the screen and Edge2 with the FPC cable.

And follow the documentation to enable screen.

https://docs.khadas.com/products/sbc/edge2/configurations/ts050-touchscreen

1 Like

Thank you so much! Just one question - how would I execute the command enabling the touch screen in android mode?

For Android, you need to do nothing, just connect the screen and poweron the board then the screen should work.

Oh and just more question, can you plug in more than one of these in? if you can, does it break any compatibility, like with touch or android or something? Thanks!

Hello @fooof,
Here is my experience with the touch screen TS050 and Edge2…
Even I use Ubuntu OS, where only the enabling is different, the tips may help you too.

• First to know, I wasn’t able to make the display run on OOWOW. The display just stays white, so keep that in mind.

• When your display is enabled by your OS, then it shows as a ‘build-in’ display.

• There is only one port for FPC cable on Edge 2, so you can connect only one of this displays, I believe.

• Also be aware when connect the FPC cable to the Edge 2 board. The naked connectors of the cable must face down to the board. First time I connected the cable opposite, causes the board not to start at all. Don’t do my mistake :slight_smile:

• If you connect an external monitors via HDMI or the usb-c port (the left one for data), with the TS050 enabled, your Edge2 will act same as regular laptop, where you have a build-in display and the same time is connected to an external monitor too.

• Note that the Edge 2 documentation states that you can connect up to 4 monitors via the USB-C data port (the left usb-c, when face the board with the fan up).

This is it by now. I hope it helps.
Cheers!