7" MIPI DSI touchscreen questions

I tried finding some with that driver already, so I could avoid some extra work :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

I’ve seen in https://patchwork.kernel.org/project/linux-amlogic/list/ that Neil Armstrong has done some great work the last 2 weeks adding MIPI DSI support (in Amlogic SoCs). Does that mean that MIPI DSI displays will be supported in mainline soon/are already supported?
I’m quite new to that Linux inner stuff so I don’t know how to interpret the patches he uploaded or what that really means for DSI support.

sounds very interesting, we can ping @narmstrong to see if he can tell us the status :slight_smile:

Hi @Electr1 @jgalt91,

Indeed, I pushed support for the MIPI-DSI Display, but for the previous generation of SoCs (AXG, for audio products).

But good news, the G12B DSI integration is really close, so it’s only a matter of small adaptations to make it work on VIM3/VIM3L.

But note you’ll still have the native display orientation, rotation is also not supported (180deg is easy, 90deg is really complex).

I’ll do my best to work on it, but don’t expect it quickly either.

Neil

6 Likes

Amazing! Thanks for your work man
The display orientation isn’t any problem :yum:

1 Like

I’m trying to get the TS050 working in landscape mode on a VIM3L with a Debian variant of Volumio. I’m not a Linux guru, but would be interested in any documentation you have that I might apply towards this goal. Do you have a native version of Debian that is successful in rotating the screen 90 degrees? Script files? Can xrandr be used for this, or is that too simplistic and wishful thinking? :slight_smile: Any work you’ve done and willing to share would be helpful.