Write new linux server to eMCC but can not boot

correction : it is
sudo dd if=update.img of=/dev/mmcblk1
(only one “dev”)

新年快樂2017!
Happy Chinese New Year 2017 !

1 Like

Where you run this command? on your Linux PC? We don’t have any guidance to write eMMC directly on Host PC yet.

Please follow this guidance one by one to upgrade:
http://docs.khadas.com/bootcamp/CreateBurnCardViaCLI/

Sir,
My problem at the moment is when turning on piwer to Vim how to stop flashing of the screen of the monitor. For the process of SD writing image,I had dine sucessfully before.
Please advise. Thank you.

What do you meant here? Please describe your problem with details.

my situation at the moment is whenever I power on Vim (with or without SD ca5d). The screen of monitor is keep flipping(flashing about 5-6 times).Then stops and nothing happens anymore.

Actually, I didn’t understand what do you mean flipping/falshing, maybe a short video can help out.

BTW, why you upgrade with:

how can I send you the short vdo ?

can I attach short vdo file to you by email. If yes. please give me your email address.

FYI : I just follow same instructions like in case of SD card.

here is the vdo of my “flashing screen”.

Can you advise how to reset back to “factory default” ?
Thank you.

sorry. I just changed vdo to "public"
thank you.

In this case, you need:

Edit:
Take notice that your DC adapter can supply enough currents for VIM, 5V 2000mA is recommended.

Try it out and feedback to us.

Good luck!

thank you.
once finish boot into upgrade rom as you advised above.
in case I use usb drive for booting(not use SD card), can I use u-boot.bin.sd.bin bootloader ?
have a joinful and exciting long holidays on new year eve.
thank you.

You can upgrade ROM using both USB-C, but there is no need to burn u-boot again!

(Feed back)
had tried MRegister mode as you advised above. But the screen still keep flashing as per vdo : https://youtu.be/Mlqcy8A_pGw
Please advise.

ps. had already changed DC adaptor to 5V 2 Amp as per your notice.

MRegister mode is just enter into upgrade mode, make sure:

• You have connect USB-C cable into your PC
  • Run upgrade utils and follow MRegister mode guidance to enter into upgrade mode.

And if your problem still did’t get solved, would be better to feedback issues like this:

• Tell us the ROM version you installed
  • Tell us the hardware date code, i.e. Vim V1.2 1610 4916
  • Describe all the procedures(step-by-step) you did with details
  • Provde neccesarry photos to help us better understand the issue you are facing
  • If you are a developer, post the full printing log
  • Others information you thought would be helpful for us
  • If you are facing many different problems, please create different topics one by one, we will also reply one by one.
  • If your problem has been fixed, please follow the Problem Solved Button to mark it as solved

Thanks!

Thank you. I have succesful install linux server (Vim_Ubuntu-server-16.04_V170120.7) into ROM as per your advised above. Unfortunately wireless is still not working on the server. If I want to change to new ROM, do I have to perform MRegister mode again?
Thank you very much. Gouwa.

Try one of this:
http://docs.khadas.com/develop/HowtoBootIntoUpgradeMode/

1 Like