Ubuntu Mate with Linux-4.9 ROM V170605 [EMMC INSTALLATION]

Everything more or less works great, but there are two things i would like, to be able to use it as a media player with Kodi 17, and have flash enabled in Chromium browser.

I forgot to mention one more thing, to be able to change screen resolution.

There is still a lot of work need to be done, but it is still an start, see here linux mainline kernel 4.12-rc4 for more info.

Are you guys doing something for mainline kernel support of Khadas VIM?

finally got the time to check out this build… good job, now just waiting for gpub drivers.

Can you provide pin mapping for all the pins? Or are only 2 pins available at the moment?

It only 2 pin available at the moment. If you want to use another pin,you need to modify the dtb at Linux source code

Any info about new update, i see you released Android and Ubuntu for Vim2.

Hi Tommy21,

We will release a new update for VIM soon.

will it use a mainline kernel with working usb,ethernet,wifi,serial console, bt and hardware accelerated video playback ?

Hi ravelo,

It still will be linux 4.9, not mainline kernel.

Last time you’ve said that, we needed to wait 2 more months for update.

If hw acceleration isn’t working, then i don’t even see a point of releasing it.

You didn’t even try to fix serious Android bugs, last Android update was in june, and 3 months after that my Nougat system ui is still stopping, i can’t even use it as a media player!!!

I am sorry if this words look harsh, but i am tired of your false promises, your only answer that you are so sorry for that, i want actions, not false promises, Vim will soon be 1 year old.

I’ve had high hopes about Vim, and now i do regret buying it, i could have bought a regular Android box, but i wanted Linux on it, so i have chosen this board.

If it isn’t possible to get hw acceleration working because of Arm, why don’t you say this, you are deceiving your customers, that isn’t fair.

try @kszaq LibeELEC release. I am using it few months without any issue here and is playing all sources which i have…