Rotation display Ubuntu-Mate

Guys, good morning.
I have installed ubuntu-mate 16.04 on my Khada vim, but I need to perform a display rotation at 90º, but it is not a rotation option, as shown in the image below.

What do I need to do to solve this problem?
Has anyone tried this?

Thank you

Updated with shorter commands. Found these on this webpage.

Open terminal and enter one of these lines…
xrandr -o left
xrandr -o right
xrandr -o normal
xrandr -o inverted

These commands could be assigned hotkeys like Ctrl+Alt+Left, info at same page linked above.
For more info on xrandr and it’s other functions, see here.

4 Likes

I was testing new images Armbian with 4.13-next_20170915 (VIM2 MAX). Change screen position works directly from setting mode to operating system. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thanks for the comments, but it did not solve my problem.

When I try to run the command xrandr --output HDMI-1 --rotate left it returns me that the hdmi-1 output could not be found.

“warning: output HDMI-1 not found; ignoring”

When I run the command xrandr -q, which lists all the video outputs, it shows me only this solid DEFAULT CONNECTED, as shown in the image below.

What do I need to do?
Thank you.

Hello, I was using balbes150’s Armbian Mate running from SD card. Also in balbes150, Display manager also works to rotate screen.
I flashed the Khadas Ubuntu Mate and discovered, as you have, that this does not work. And as known, also not in Display manager.
On Khadas, monitor shows as Unknown in Display manager.
In balbes150, Display manager identifies monitor correctly as, ViewSonic Corporation 22"

My apologies, I regret I don’t have a solution for your issue.

Hi RDFTKV,

Which version of Armbian Mate did you use? I tried Armbian_5.32_S9xxx_Ubuntu_xenial_3.14.29_mate_20170830.img but I can’t rotate the display. And monitor shows as Unknown in Display manager like our ubuntu images.

Thanks.

Hello numbqq, I used Armbian_5.32_S9xxx_Ubuntu_xenial_4.12.9_mate_20170830.
It should be noted that rotation does not work in balbes150 SD card boot, if Khadas Ubuntu is installed to eMMC.

Balbes150 SD card rotation works if Khadas dual-boot Android/Ubuntu is installed to eMMC. However, rotation won’t work if running the eMMC Ubuntu from dual boot.

Balbes150 SD card rotation also works if Khadas Android installed to eMMC.

Have not tried it if superceleron Android installed to eMMC. I will try it tonight.

OK. I’ve tried Armbian_5.32_S9xxx_Ubuntu_xenial_4.13.0-next-20170905_mate.img, and I can rotate display screen directly from setting rotation. But Armbian_5.32_S9xxx_Ubuntu_xenial_3.14.29_mate_20170830 and Armbian_5.32_S9xxx_Ubuntu_xenial_3.14.29_mate_20170907.img still can’t rotate the screen, and monitor shows as Unknown in Display manager like our ubuntu images. So @balbes150 could you please patiently tell us what’s the difference between Armbian 3.14 and 4.13 ubuntu mate? Thanks a lot!

In these images different kernel. The kernel 4.13 is not required to use fbset utility to manage the screen. Therefore, the output operates immediately from the start of the kernel and displays the standard elements with the number of cores. As far as I know, at the core of 4.13 significant change in the drivers of the video output. For this reason better to check with Neil Armstrong.

Thanks for the answers.

Could you pass me the download link to the image of this version that allows you to rotate?
Armbian_5.32_S9xxx_Ubuntu_xenial_4.13.0-next-20170905_mate.img

I’m waiting

Hi balbes150,

Thank you so much!

Hi Fernando,

Please check here for download link.

Thanks.

1 Like

Thanks @numbqq.

I will download the image and perform the tests as soon as possible, I will return to you whether the problem has been resolved or not.
Thank you again.

Good afternoon.

How do I run the image in khadas.
Which program should I use to write the image to the card and which procedure to install.

Thanks

Hi Fernando,

The following link maybe help you.